At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Corporate Risk helps all Wells Fargo businesses identify and manage risk. The team focuses on several key risk types, including conduct, credit, financial crimes, information security, interest rate, liquidity, market, model, operational, regulatory compliance, reputation, strategic, and technology risk.
The group provides leadership, enhances communications, assists with problem identification and solutions, and shares best practices. In addition, the group provides an enterprise-wide view of risk, assists management and our Board of Directors in identifying and monitoring risks that may affect multiple lines of business, and takes appropriate action when business activities exceed the risk tolerance of the company.
The ALM Risk team is part of WFC's Market and Counterparty Risk group which provides Independent Risk Management under the direction of the Company's Chief Risk Officer. ALM Risk provides governance and oversight for two front-line risk-taking groups, namely Corporate ALM and WFC's Investment Portfolio. The ALM Risk Analytics team provides quantitative support to the ALM governance teams to fulfil their responsibility to monitor ALM Risk and perform independent risk analysis.
This position will report to the Head of ALM Risk Analytic Design focusing on multiple initiatives pertaining the risk management for the investment portfolio or the balance sheet. This role should be familiar with financial engineering, balancing practicality with theory, and able to generate ideas and effectively implement and prototype solutions within the ALM risk space.
Specific responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Work with development team to identify and build out enhancements to OCI production model, including back testing, attribution and performance monitoring capabilities.
- Develop independent insights into key assumptions and management judgment used in OCI risk management.
- Maintain appropriate stature and relationship with the Investment Portfolio Risk and Balance Sheet Risk groups, business line teams, and model developers/owners to effectively facilitate quantitative analyses and resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Partner with ALM risk SMEs to independently model and analyze asset liability risk taken by corporate treasury and investment portfolio teams. Review quantitative and qualitative models and business assumptions, design alternative scenarios and approaches to analyze risk exposures and develop key metrics across the IP portfolio and the Balance sheet.
- Closely interact with QRM experts within ALM Risk Analytics to influence decisions regarding QRM projects and perform analyses of QRM results.
- Contribute to ad-hoc studies via prototypes, modelling or data analysis, to assist with new risk initiatives related to Balance Sheet and IP portfolios.
- Participate in periodic reporting of governance and oversight activities to management, regulators, and other risk groups.
- Develop effective relationships with Treasury's Corporate ALM group, WFC's Investment Portfolio Group and their model developers/owners to effectively facilitate discussions and resolve issues.
- Develop Tableau dashboards and analytic presentations.
- 2+ years of capital markets experience, desk analyst experience, or a combination of both
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Knowledge and understanding of ALM products and risk, with 2+ years of experience in ALM risk management preferred.
- Knowledge and understanding of risk management in credit, market, or operations
- Advanced Degree in Math, Statistics, Economics, Finance or similar major.
- Strong Python programming skills. Experience with SAS and SQL is a plus.
- Deep knowledge of Object Oriented programming.
- Tableau or other data visualization software experience a plus.
- Knowledge and experience in QRM, Polypaths or similar industry ALM system.
- Advanced Excel spreadsheet skills.
- Knowledge and experience with banking book products, eg, investment portfolio, structured products, consumer/commercial loans, deposit and derivatives.
- Hands-on experience of behavior models, eg, mortgage prepayment.
- Ability to take initiative and work independently with minimal supervision in a structured environment
- Effectively communicate across various levels of the organization.
- Dedicated, highly motivated team player with ability to thrive in a demanding environment
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills.
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.