Job Description & How to Apply Below
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Receive, review, and process import documentation for accounts.
- Manage daily emails / phone calls from customers, agents and vendors
- Must have a better than average understanding of Import Transport, US Customs and other government agency regulations that govern Imports.
- Ensure documentation is accurately processed, distributed and released to carrier, customers and agents in a timely manner.
- Set up US Customs clearances for a variety of commodities. Handle CBP, FDA, EPA, FWS, USDA, DOT or any other governmental agencies according to the regulations on import shipments.
- Work CFS, airport terminals, rail yards and ocean terminals to coordinate and monitor the release of goods for freight and Customs releases and dispatch cargo for deliveries to final destination / client.
- Communication with overseas agents to ensure daily updates are provided for active shipments.
- Obtain and create quotes for shipments and source best method of transportation.
- Continue to explore different options to reduce cost, and increase revenues.
- Track and trace shipment and provide updates to clients and agents.
- Uphold a strong and professional relationship with airlines, truckers, terminals, ocean carriers, rail yards, CFS warehouses, etc.
- Demonstrate an emphasis on customer satisfaction while remaining compliant with all laws and regulations.
- Maintain shipment files and ensure billing is completed within a timely fashion.
- Assisting as backup for alternate accounts.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- 3 years’ experience with freight forwarder
- 1-year minimum experience with US Customs Entry processing
- Knowledge on incoterms
- Demonstrates excellent written and verbal communication skills; along with math skills for dimension conversions and to obtain required quantities for Customs purposes
- Intermediate to Advanced PC skills - MS Office
- Highly organized
- Professional and courteous demeanor
- Displays a flexible and open-minded willingness to adapt to new environments and be a team player.
- Must have good ethical standards.
Position RequirementsLess than 1 Year work experience
Search for further Jobs Here: