Barrday Corp., a leading advanced material solutions company, is in search of a Night Shift Production Supervisor.
Barrday Corporation is an advanced material solutions company whose product lines encompass applications for the composite, energy and protective markets. Its growth strategies are based on developing technologically advanced solutions for our customers, including fiber reinforcements, prepregs, laminates, coating adhesives and core materials. Barrday Corporation is the COMPLETE SOURCE for your advanced materials solutions.
The Production Supervisor (night shift) is accountable to guarantee manufacturing remains a smooth and efficient process by monitoring employees, organizing workflows, and ensuring both quality and production targets are consistently met. While optimizing daily activities and technology you will provide direct technical support and leadership to employees. Demonstrating strong reasoning and a common sense, hands on approach you will participate in identifying and implementing continuous process improvements and in resolving complex process issues. Must have excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills. This role reports to the Production/Quality Manager.
- Oversee the training and management of production employees in a manner which reflects the company values and culture while meeting or exceeding customers’ expectations.
- Serve as a role model in demonstrating constant attention to quality, safe practices and a healthy environment.
- Communicate and monitor daily, weekly, and monthly quality and production goals.
- Evaluate present practices and their underlying logic to determine how to enhance safety and improve quality, productivity and customer satisfaction.
- Oversee and coach employees providing ongoing feedback, preparing and delivering annual performance evaluations and tracking employee vacation and hours worked.
- Take lead in training programs to add to operator skills, improve communication and add to safe practices throughout the operation.
- Ensure all Standard Operating Procedures are accurate and followed.
- Take the lead on use of the ERP system for all aspects of shop order processing and inventory control including first line ERP troubleshooting for operators.
- Proactively use technology (ERP system/MS Office) to prepare and submit reports for planning, monitoring of performance and to identify issues and opportunities for improvement.
- Liaise with Plant Engineering to ensure appropriate maintenance of facilities and equipment.
- Ensure on shift quality issues are well documented, assist in their investigation and implement corrective actions.
- Enforce safety guidelines and company standards.
- 4 yr. degree preferred. Will accept minimum 2 yr. degree with equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Minimum 1-3 yrs. supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment required.
- Must have experience and strong aptitude working in an ERP or other related system.
- Proven ability to motivate others, supervise, train, and manage hourly employees and the production process.
- Excellent planning, problem solving skills and attention to detail.
- Strong multitasking / time management skills. Comfortable working on several tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to identify problems and offer real world resolutions within constrained timelines.
- Strong computer literacy is required.
- Knowledge of tools such as Lean, Six Sigma, TQM and other quality management practices would be an asset
- Shift to be supervised will be nights on a 12 hour rotating continental schedule.
- Primarily plant floor; some office and computer time.
- Exposure to noise and some chemical products in conditions where all appropriate protective equipment is available.
“This position requires the individual to be a U.S. person as defined in the Arms Export Control Act (i.e., U.S. citizen, U.S. permanent lawful resident, or a ‘protected individual’as defined by 8 U.S.C. § 1324b(a)(3)).”