What is a PRODUCTION WORKER @ BAKKAVOR?
The Production Worker works on a production kitchen line and assists in the preparation, assembly and packaging of food products and other related activities. They contribute to the Team’s efforts in obtaining production efficiencies within the parameters established by the company; as well as following the Health and Safety, Food Safety Programs mandated by the Company.
What SKILLS should you have?
- Safety First! Must adhere to safety instructions and work in the most safe way possible at all times.
- Follow daily assignments as directed by area lead and/or machine operator. Employee may be moved between production areas.
- Required to use simple tools and to operate assigned equipment as required to complete tasks.
- Assists in preparing equipment and tools to be used in Production.
- May prepare food products and performs tasks such as measuring, weighing and mixing ingredients, decanting, assembling materials, using the food/vegetables slicer and assisting in production and/or packaging.
- Must be able to load, pack, and seal products into cases and palletize as required.
- Adheres to the area Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP's) as required.
- Must be positive and be able to handle stressful situations and deadlines.
- Other duties may be assigned by management.
- High School or Equivalent
- 1 year or more experience in a manufacturing assembly environment, or equivalent of education and experience combined.
- Must be able to count and know basic math measurements.
- Bi-lingual, English and Spanish, a plus
- Must be able to effectively communicate and work together as part of a team.
- Must exercise and display positive behavior.
- This is an entry level position.
Making fresh prepared food for all meal occasions.
Bakkavor is focused solely on producing fresh prepared food, which is one of the most advanced, innovative and dynamic food markets in the world.
Our core market is the UK and if you shop in any of the UK major grocery retailers you are more than likely to have bought one of our products - but are less likely to be familiar with our company name. This is because the vast majority of the products we make are marketed under the private-label brands of our customers. As well as the UK, we also supply fresh prepared products in the US and China.
The products we make are prepared ready to eat, ready to reheat or ready to cook. We make them just like they’re made at home, starting with high-quality ingredients, carefully selected from growers, our own farms and from suppliers we trust.
We operate to a 'just-in-time' model, manufacturing to tight deadlines. We often deliver on large orders within 24 hours, 364 days a year, keeping products chilled throughout the process – this takes a lot of planning and teams of dedicated people who are passionate about the foods we make.
Our Vision, Our Purpose, Our Values
If you have an interest in taking your career to the next level and will foster our core values, Customer Care, Can Do Attitude, Teamwork, Innovation, Getting it Right, Keeping it Right, let’s connect!