- Posted :00:00
- Full time
The Role: Senior Financial Analyst
Location: Charlottesville, VA
The Team/Business: S&P Global Market Intelligence doesn't just provide essential financial information to our external customers. Our Finance team provides information, insights and decision support to internal business partners to informed, data-driven decisions.
The Impact: You will be serving as the primary finance resource to the Technology management team. With strong leadership, attention to detail and excellent communication and influencing skills, you will support the execution of the management team’s key priorities and strategies. You will consistently meet with senior segment leadership as they make decisions that impact our global growth and will help them understand the financial performance of their business and facilitate the efficient use of company resources.
- Provide financial leadership and support to partners that contribute to both the short-term business management and long-term strategic growth of the business.
- Apply the best financial practices, knowledge of strategic objectives and understanding of financial performance and emerging trends to favorably influence business performance.
- Analyze monthly expense, headcount, and other critical metric results; articulate insights and recommend actions.
- Develop productivity framework and reporting capabilities to drive efficiency improvements to free up investment capacity for growth initiatives.
- Assist in preparation of monthly forecasts, annual operating budgets and multi-year strategic plans.
- Find opportunities for improvement operational efficiency
- Work independently and as a fully contributing member of a multi-locational team with challenging, often conflicting deadlines.
- Ad-hoc requests and special projects as assigned.
What We're Looking For:
- Bachelor’s Degree with at least 4 years’ experience of financial analysis
- Proven experience providing decision support and financial leadership to senior internal partners
- Experience working within a matrixed business structure and working as a part of a global finance organization.
- Strong skills in MS Excel, PowerPoint, Tableau and automation and enterprise planning tools
- Strong communication and analytical skills and with a focus on accuracy and detail.
- Experience with and multidimensional OLAP reporting systems
- MBA or Master’s Degree in Finance
- Experience with Alteryx, Python and R
- Familiarity with Lean, Agile DevOps principles
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important—some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
S&P Global Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit, S&P Global Market Intelligence.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions on the basis of merit, capability and equality of opportunity, and without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law, or any other characteristic that has no bearing on a person’s ability to perform his or her job.
Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment. If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: (Please contact us using the "Apply for this Job Posting" box below) and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.202 - Middle Professional (EEO Job Group) (inactive), 20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), FINANC202.2 - Middle Professional Tier II (EEO Job Group)
For jobs on this site that accept applications from your location / country,