ProLink Healthcare is looking for a Certified or Non-Certified Sterile Processing Technician for a contract employment opportunity in the Chattanooga area. This is a contract position.
Essential Functions of a Sterile Processing Technician could be but are not limited to:
- Decontaminates and sterilizes instruments, medical supplies and equipment, and assembles, wraps and sterilizes trays of instruments. Follows proper Standard Precautions while in decontamination and sterilization areas.
- Monitors biological and chemical wash solution to ensure quality and consistency for decontamination of instruments and medical equipment.
- Sorts mismatched sets of instruments, trays, and medical equipment and makes them available to sterile processing customers in a timely manner.
- Restocks, labels, and maintains inventory, submits requisitions, collects and distributes instruments, trays, crash carts, and facility medical equipment.
- Performs environmental maintenance duties and assists in maintaining inventory levels in sterile processing, the operating room, and in equipment storage areas.
- Verifies that equipment functions properly, requisitions for equipment maintenance, repair or replacement, and removes defective equipment.
- Maintains a clean work area.
- Assists with maintaining established departmental policies and procedures, objectives, and quality improvement, safety, and environmental and infection control standards.
- Communicates appropriately using good interpersonal skills.
The network provides all full-time employees competitive benefits with full Medical, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD and 401K benefit options
ProLink Staffing is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Salary:Compensation is based off experience.
Preferred qualifications of a Sterile Processing Technician:
- At least one year of SPT experience
- Certification Preferred/ Willing to take non-certified candidates during contract period if they work on becoming certified
Job Type: Full-time, Contract