Job Description & How to Apply Below
This role reports to the Project Manager and assists in the planning, direction and coordination of a construction project. Participate in the conceptual development of a construction project and oversee its organization, scheduling, and implementation.
Maintain a schedule the project in logical steps and alert the Project Manager when the work progression is affecting the schedule.
Confer with supervisory personnel and the Project Manager to discuss and resolve matters such as work procedures and construction problems.
Be familiar with project contract documents and specifications, negotiate revisions, changes, and additions to contractual agreements with consultants, clients, suppliers, and subcontractors.
Interpret and explain plans and contract terms to administrative staff, workers, and clients representing the owner or developer.
Plan, organize, and direct activities concerned with the construction and maintenance of structures, facilities, and systems.
Take actions to deal with the results of delays, bad weather, or emergencies at construction sites.
Inspect and review projects to monitor compliance with building and safety codes and other regulations.
Select, contract, and oversee workers who complete specific pieces of the project.
May have to assist or do basic survey functions such as locating construction points and levelling.
Bachelor’s degree in construction management or civil engineering, plus at least 5 years’ experience in construction.
Ability to understand contracts, plans, specifications, and regulations.
Ability to be flexible and work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
Ability to be decisive and work well under pressure, particularly when faced with unexpected occurrences or delays.
Ability to coordinate several major activities at once while analyzing and resolving specific problems.
Must understand engineering, architectural, and other construction drawings.
Must be familiar with computers and software programs for job costing, scheduling, and estimating.
Good oral and written communication and leadership skills. Must be able to establish a good working relationship with many different people, including owners, other managers, designers, supervisors, and craftworkers.
May require travel.
Must be available on-call at all times to address delays, bad weather, or emergencies at the jobsite.
- Able to influence and motivate people to act.
- Thrives in a fast paced environment
- Exhibit good judgment in matters involving quality of performance.
- Meets deadlines in an environment of interruptions
- Able to work effectively with many different personality types.
- Possess and demonstrate values of honesty, integrity, reliability and consistency.
- Exhibit a strong work ethic.
- Is inquisitive and has good problem solving skills.
- Well organized.
- Detail oriented and thorough.
- Receptive to change.
- An effective planner and continually uses foresight.
- A good listener and communicator.
- Demonstrate professionalism at all times.
- Possess a positive attitude.
- Able to confront issues and hold others accountable, but still treats them with dignity and respect.
- Health, dental vision, disability, life insurance
- Sick leave
- Bereavement leave
- 401k with company match
- Paid holidays
- Competitive pay
Exposure to the inherent dangers of a construction site.
May be required to work at heights and on/near water
Search for further Jobs Here: