We are a 33+ year old Award-Winning and top 100 US Landscape Contractor located in Chesapeake, Virginia seeking a CADD Drafter to work with our Landscaping Sales, Estimation and Design Team. Our client base is broad and consists of Commercial and Residential Design, Build & Grounds Maintenance Projects. (i.e. Communities, Municipal sites, Shopping Centers, Commercial & Industrial Properties, Institutions and individual Residences.)
The CADD Drafter’s responsibilities are as follows but not limited to:
- Converting hand drawn designs in to a CADD Document for utilization in Estimation, Construction and Presentations. (i.e. Commercial & Residential site plans, grading and drainage plans, lighting plans, hardscaping plans, irrigation plans, planting plans, outdoor structures and more.)
- Support Sales & Estimation Team on RFP/RFQ Bid Projects for clients, subcontractors and preferred vendors.
- Perform linear and area calculations on plans for estimation purposes. (i.e. Measuring square footage of lawn, planting beds and hardscaped areas.)
- Research and sourcing of project materials with vendors/suppliers and incorporating specifications into a plan.
- Perform material take-offs.
- Support the Sales & Estimation Staff as needed in other general tasks to meet high-quality standards and project deadlines.
- Print on demand and rescale plans as needed for staff and clientele.
- File management of plan archive.
- College/Vocational Training in CADD Drafting or Minimum of 1 Year Professional experience in Civil or Landscape CADD Drafting.
- Knowledge of CADD Drafting and Standards.
- Continue education of CADD and Civil Standards to include City and State ordinances (via municipal and state websites and documentation, technical trade publications and workshops.)
- Good working knowledge of Autodesk AutoCAD. (2014 to Current) (Know the command-line interface and keystrokes to Draft quickly)
- Solid math skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work with a team.
- Familiarity with Photoshop or other Image Editors. (Editing imagery for use in CADD Drafting and Presentations).
- Familiarity with CorelDraw or similar Vector Design Software.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite, Email and Adobe PDF documents.
Preferred but not required:
- Horticulture/Plant identification or Landscaping knowledge is preferred.
- Familiarity with SketchUp or other Presentation Design Rendering/Visualization software.
We offer an excellent package of compensation, benefits, and a remarkable working environment. Basnight Land & Lawn, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, values the diversity of our work force and the knowledge of our staff. We offer both seasonal employment as well as full-time positions, part-time positions and sales positions. Each person on our team is an important part of our business and we would be thrilled to consider you for employment.
Currently, we have a lot of experience on our team. There are new and innovative methods in the landscaping industry erupting every year. Are you someone who works hard? Do you have a skill or trade that would benefit both you and Basnight Land & Lawn? Apply for a position! We welcome those who are ready to work.
Our Company adheres to the spirit and intent of EEO. We promote a safe and drug-free workplace. If you are looking to join an ever-growing team of professionals, apply at Basnight Land & Lawn- the #1 provider of commercial landscape in Southeast Virginia and Northeast North Carolina.