The Bartender serves beverages to members and their guests in a professional, efficient and courteous manner in a clean, attractive environment. The Bartender is responsible for mixing and serving alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks following service standards as well as setup and clean-up. This is a fast paced position involving constant member and guest interaction. Candidates must have evening and weekend availability. Prior experience is required. Proper training may be considered in lieu of experience.
- Follows department and Chevy Chase Club policies and procedures including, but not limited to parking, cell phone use and conduct on the floor. Acts ethically and honestly at all times
- Adheres to all uniform, grooming & hygiene standards and maintains a professional appearance at all times.
- Knowledgeable of all aspects of department and daily Club operations including events and operating hours.
- Arrives to work on time. When necessary, follows proper procedures for tardiness, calling out and requests off.
- Displays commitment to the Club by demonstrating initiative toward assigned tasks and willingness to learn
- Works effectively and efficiently with other club staff
- Follows verbiage standards when interacting with members and guests. Effectively communicates with management and peers
- Makes a considerable effort to go “Above and Beyond” to exceed member and guest expectations. Is attentive to members/guests and tries to anticipate their needs on a consistent basis. Takes pride in service.
- Ensures that all beverage products, side work and other bar set-up supplies are stocked prior to the start of each shift. Completes accurate requisitions.
- Ensures that the bar area is clean, sanitary and equipment is in working order.
- Follows all service standards on a consistent basis including, but not limited to, using appropriate glassware and measuring equipment when dispensing spirits.
- Effectively controls waste
- Is aware of all state and local laws pertaining to the sale, service and consumption of alcoholic beverages. Follows the appropriate steps when “cutting off” members and guests from further consumption. ID’s members and guests effectively.
- General understanding of the production and differences in liquor, aperitifs, cordials, beer and wine.
- Complete knowledge of available beverages including types of liquor, aperitifs, cordials, beer, wine and non alcoholic beverages.
- Knowledgeable of the Club’s point of sale system and uses it efficiently and effectively on a consistent basis.
- Assists service staff during periods of down time
- Demonstrates proper wine service.