The Human Resources Assistant performs a variety of tasks necessary to support and service Kate’s employees. The qualified individual must have high level interpersonal skills and be trustworthy so as to be able to handle sensitive and confidential situations and documents.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Recruiting, onboarding and staffing logistics
- Using our electronic ATS to on-board new hires, maintain current employees and off-board employees exiting the company
- Assist in facilitating during new employee orientation
- Communication and follow-through of IDFPR related matters
- Communication between Kate’s and its employees
- Compensation and benefits administration and recordkeeping
- Employee safety, welfare, wellness, and health reporting
- Issuing ID badges
- Processing change of statuses
- Researching, answering, and following up on various types of questions from managers and employees both in person and by phone
- Performance evaluation tracking and follow-up/reporting
- Meeting with employees regarding FMLA and other leave of absences.
- Creating, maintaining and updating reports.
- Monitoring licenses and certifications
- Any other duties as requested.
- Associates degree required; Bachelor’s degree desirable. Major in Human Resources or related field a plus! PHR certification desirable!
- 1 to 2 years of HR experience in a generalist role; preferably in a contract security or law enforcement setting
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in a contract security or law enforcement setting Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Strong computer skills; working knowledge of Bamboo HR and/or Win Team a plus!
- Good writing skills
- Detail oriented; excellent organizational skills.
Kates Detective & Security, Inc. (KDS) is Chicago’s most respected provider of security related products and services. We are currently seeking a Project Manager (PM) for a specific customer with multiple sites located throughout the Chicago area. The PM is a salaried position reporting directly to our Director of Operations and Field Commander. Security officers and supervisors assigned to the project report to this position.