Do you have serious graphic design chops across print and digital platforms? If so, we’d love to hear from you! The National Restaurant Association has an exciting opportunity to become an integral member of our Product Development Creative Services team.
The learning products offered by the National Restaurant Association reach over a million students a year, providing our global audience with innovative, engaging training across multiple platforms. We produce a wide range of products in a variety of hospitality segments, from textbooks to custom online courses.
As a Product Designer, you will play a critical role in building user-centered design experiences, collaborating closely with Instructional Designers, Product Development teams and other creative partners.
Ideal candidates bring a minimum five years of agency or client side creative design experience;
keen understanding of typography, color and layout design principles and expertise in Adobe Creative suite. Previous experience working within e-learning is definitely a plus, as well as photography, videography and animation skills. Beyond proven design skills, we’re looking for a passionate self-starter who demonstrates collaborative approach to creative process.
All interested candidates must submit samples of their work along with their resume. Submitted work can be PDF attachments or links to portfolio webpages.
- Design learning experiences across multiple platforms including print, web, and mobile.
- Employ UX best practices in all products.
- Prototyping, research and development.
- Actively participate in creative process; comfortable participating in critiques.
- Work within cloud-based collaboration tools like BOX, Adobe Cloud, and others.
- Present concepts, prototypes, and final products to team leads.
- Maintain the corporate image and design standard on all projects.
- Estimate timelines/effort and adhere to agreed upon project timelines/budget.
- Maintain personal job status report and supply to supervisor on a weekly basis.
- Perform related/additional tasks as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design, Visual/UX Design, or related area.
- Minimum 5 years of creative design experience; agency or client-side.
- Highly creative; strong visual communication skills with an excellent understanding of typography, color, layout, design concepts, and UX design.
- Passion for design and human centered design.
- General understanding of instructional design and training.
- Strong project, organizational and time management skills; high attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely.
- In-depth knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign) and Microsoft Office. Proficiency across Mac and PC platforms.
- Experience using Premiere and After Effects strongly preferred.
- Exceptional analytical and critical thinking skills with the ability to tackle complex problems and challenges.
- Commitment to high-quality work, and to positive and productive relationships.
- Ability to effectively articulate, present and explain design choices.
- Strong interpersonal, relationship-building and diplomacy skills.
- Resourceful self-starter with ability to work as part of a team or independently; assumes risk with responsibility.
- Successfully implement design direction through production and delivery.
- Knowledge of online learning authoring tools Lectora and Storyline is beneficial.
- Photography and videography experience a plus, as well as familiarity with HTML/CSS.
- Positive attitude with desire to continually improve performance and take to the next level.
- Ability to provide superior client service in demanding, deadline-driven environment.
- Work with high degree of integrity and confidentiality.
- Flexible and resilient; adaptable to change oriented environment.
- Minimal travel; estimate 1-2 trips per year.
The National Restaurant Association is the largest foodservice trade association in the world*—supporting over 500,000 restaurant businesses. In partnership with our state restaurant associations, we work every day to empower all restaurant owners and operators to achieve more than they thought possible.
We represent and advocate for foodservice industry interests—taking on financial and regulatory obstacles before they hit our members’ bottom line. We provide tools and systems that help members of all sizes get significantly better operating results. And we offer the kinds of networking, education and research resources that are only possible because of our vast, and active, membership base.
We save our members time, money and headaches by helping them take on what matters most for their success and growth—whether that’s protecting their economic interests, sharing best practices, or getting them in front of emerging trends.
We strive to move our industry forward by finding answers to the tough questions, distilling complex information into practical knowledge and helping our members navigate the issues that can leave them in the weeds. And that makes us the go-to resource for smart, relevant intelligence that helps our members run their businesses better.
At the National Restaurant Association, we believe that there is strength in numbers. When we come together as an industry, our collective voice is stronger and our impact is greater than when any of us stands alone. And that means our shared spirit of hospitality, passion for serving others and belief in the American entrepreneurial dream will be safeguarded and advanced.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, age, disability status, genetic information and testing, family and medical leave, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We strongly encourage women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans to apply for our job openings. This commitment supports our policy of developing and capitalizing on the abilities of all our team members, as well as selecting, developing and promoting those who are best qualified.