What will your day look like?
You will be responsible for servicing early stages of delinquency for member loan and depository products including, but not limited to: credit cards, mortgages, auto, student and personal loans. Work involves making and receiving calls to members to facilitate one-time payments, performing transfer transactions between Alliant accounts, updating member contact information and establishing automatic payments or third-party authorizations. The incumbent will provide an enhanced member experience while performing basic loss prevention activities.
Do you see yourself doing this?
- Responsible for making a high volume of outbound calls on delinquent member accounts to arrange payment commitments
- Respond to inbound member calls and email to facilitate payments or otherwise provide account information at member request
- Perform basic analyses to determine if risk factors create the need to escalate an account for advanced collections efforts
- Audit accounts to ensure required communications are sent to members per state and/or regulatory guidelines
- Follow up with members to ensure timely receipt of accurate, complete documentation
- Assist internal business partners by providing accurate, up-to-date information
- Meet operational service level agreements including individual and departmental delinquency, loss, and productivity targets
- Escalate member issues and concerns to internal business partners, as needed
- Maintain foundational knowledge of loan and depository products
- Assist management in identifying opportunities for continuous improvement
What makes you a great fit?
You’ll be a great fit if, in addition to the completion of a high school diploma, Bachelor’s degree preferred, with a minimum of 1-year experience in banking or customer service and previous experience working in a financial institution preferred, and you have:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
- Must demonstrate a professional phone manner and the ability to work independently
- Comfortable working in a restrictive environment requiring extended periods of time at a fixed work position
- Proven ability to work in a team environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and the Internet Explorer
- Secondary language skills desirable
An affiliated company of the Cornerstone Credit Union League, Credit Union Resources, Inc. offers a wide variety of fee-based products and services, helping you gain greater efficiency and effectiveness in serving members. Whether you are looking for executive recruiting, advertising campaigns or sales materials, new lending products, technology solutions, hands-on compliance assistance, staffing or operational support, Credit Union Resources has what you need at a price you can afford.Credit Union Resources offers professional services that are designed by experts who know credit unions and trends in the financial services marketplace. We have the credit union knowledge and experience that assists you in gaining the right service for your operation and membership.To learn about our services, contact Credit Union Resources