Support the kitchen team with production and execution on catering and café services to the standards set by FFT and the onsite management team.
- Minimum of one-year Prep Cook Experience
- Associates Degree in Culinary Arts or equivalent work experience
- Knife skills
- Must be a team player
- Works with speed, consistency and organization
- Proficiency in the English language and good communication skills
- Knowledgeable in food service sanitation standards, personal hygiene and safety
- Servesafe certificate within 30 days of start date
- Prepares or assist in preparation of complete meals- preparing and cooking soups, meats, gravies, vegetables, desserts, salads, baked and distribution of food
- Acts as assistant to charge cook in preparation and cooking
- May be responsible for checking supplies and groceries received in work area
- May assist in serving special diets meals or cafeteria food service
- Assist in the cleaning of the kitchen area and general maintenance of equipment and inventory control
- Performs other related duties as assigned
Impacts Food, Beverage, Paper, Cleaning Supplies Cost of Goods Sold lines on the Profit and Loss Statement.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Decisions and criteria governing the employment relationship with all employees at Food For Thought are made in a non-discriminatory manner, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, pregnancy, disability, sexual orientation, gender expression, veteran status, age, FMLA status, or any other factor determined to be unlawful by federal, state, or local statuses.Company Description
Food For Thought is widely recognized among the areas elite off premise catering and food service management companies. For more than 30 years, our commitment to excellent service, innovative cuisine and contemporary presentation has won the admiration of both our clients and peers. Our recipe for success is simple; we consistently provide delicious food and gracious hospitality.