Support the front of house and kitchen team to exceed our guests’ expectations in product, service and hospitality to the standards set by FFT and the onsite management team.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Food Service Handler Certificate within 30 days of start date
- Good working knowledge of dishwashing procedures
- Good working knowledge of accepted standards of sanitation and safety
- Knowledge of operating commercial ware-washing machines
- Basic mathematical skills necessary to understand pricing, compiling orders, requisition amounts, etc.
- Ability to read, write and understand the English language in order to communicate with guests and coworkers
- Sufficient manual dexterity of hand in order to use ware washing tools and machines, cleaning tools, sanitation equipment, etc.
- Ability to grasp, lift and/or carry, or otherwise, move or push goods on a hand cart/truck weighing a maximum of 150 lbs.
- Ability to stand and work continuously in confined spaces
- Ability to perform duties within extreme temperature ranges
- Communicates with all café staff to determine needs for clean tools, equipment, and service wares
- Prioritizes washing of all café tools, equipment, and service wares according to café needs
- Plans cleaning special projects
- Participates in café cleaning projects as needed
- Completes daily quality assurance testing
- Puts away product from deliveries
- Maintains cleanliness and organization of kitchen and café storage areas
- Completes order guide for station
- Performs opening and closing tasks
- Is flexible to work all shifts including special events
- Performs general cleaning tasks using approved cleaning product as assigned by your supervisor to adhere to health standards
- Keeps floors dry and clean to avoid slip/fall accidents
- Examines products for quality
- Performs other duties as requested, such as, cross-training, moving supplies and equipment, cleaning up spills, etc.
- Other duties as assigned
Fiscal Impact :
Impacts Food, Beverage, Paper, Cleaning Supplies Cost of Goods Sold lines on the Profit and Loss Statement.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Decisions and criteria governing the employment relationship with all employees at Food For Thought are made in a non-discriminatory manner, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, pregnancy, disability, sexual orientation, gender expression, veteran status, age, FMLA status, or any other factor determined to be unlawful by federal, state, or local statuses.Company Description
Food For Thought is widely recognized among the areas elite off premise catering and food service management companies. For more than 30 years, our commitment to excellent service, innovative cuisine and contemporary presentation has won the admiration of both our clients and peers. Our recipe for success is simple; we consistently provide delicious food and gracious hospitality.