6016 N. Nina Ave
Chicago, IL 60631
Norwood Crossing is a nonprofit healthcare organization specializing in quality senior care. Our facility is located on the northwest side of Chicago in the quaint neighborhood of Norwood Park. Our organization is seeking a full-time cook to join our growing team. Our ideal candidate will pride themselves on displaying professionalism, providing top notch care, and having the enthusiasm and willingness to learn.
Provide quality service and attention to detail within the scope of the nutritional needs of the residents. Demonstrate exceptional interpersonal skills, including the ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with all staff and residents.
- Prepares a variety of meats, seafood, poultry, vegetables and other food items for residents, including specialty meals for residents with restricted dietary needs.
- Prepare, or oversee preparation of all foods necessary in connection with luncheon parties and luncheon meetings.
- Assumes 100% responsibility for quality of products served.
- Knows and complies consistently with our standard portion sizes, cooking methods, quality standards and kitchen rules, policies and procedures.
- Stocks and maintains sufficient levels of food products at line stations to assure a smooth service period.
- Portions food products prior to cooking according to standard portion sizes and recipe specifications.
- Maintains a clean and sanitary work station
- Follows proper plate presentation for all dishes.
- Handles, stores and rotates all products properly.
- Follows the implemented checklist for kitchen stations. Assists others in their duties when available..
- Attends all scheduled employee meetings and brings suggestions for improvement.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Culinary certificate or degree preferred.
- Must pass pre-employment drug test and background screening.
- Restaurant experience preferred.
- Maintains a neat, professional appearance.
- Able to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Ability to make independent decisions, follow instructions and to accept constructive criticism.
- Ability to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family members visitors, government agencies/personnel and the general public.
- Strong leadership skills & excellent attendance.
- Patience, tact, cheerful disposition and enthusiasm.
- Willing to handle residents based on the maturity level at which they are currently functioning.
- Must be able to push, pull, move, and/or lift a minimum of 25 pounds up to a max of 50 pounds to a minimum height of 4 feet unassisted and be able to push, pull move and/or carry such weight a minimum distance of 50 feet.
- Medical, dental, life insurance and vision coverage available for full time employees.
- 401k plan, flexible spending account, credit union membership, annual wellness screening, flu vaccines.
- Tuition reimbursement ($2000.00) for full time employees after one year
- Free parking. Free Meal on shift.
- Close public transit, Metra, Blue Line, Busses
Our Mission Statement
Norwood Crossing enhances the independence and well-being of older adults.
We Believe In...
Providing older adults a continuum of services and programs that are responsive to the physical, emotional, and spiritual needs of the individual.
Maintaining a comfortable, secure, home-like, "loving family" environment that promotes dignity and self worth.
Valuing our employees and volunteers for the friendly, caring spirit that has characterized this Chicago organization for over 100 years.
Managing our resources responsibly by operating in a fiscally responsible manner and providing charitable care.
Continuously improving our programs and services to better meet the changing needs of older adults.
Respecting and Working with our neighbors in Northwest Chicago, to improve the community in which we all reside.