The Distributed Antenna Systems (DAS) Technician reviews DAS/In-Building RF designs, iBwave files and blueprints, and defines the network architecture. As part of an installation team the Installer will install the physical layer of a wireless system and be able to splice and test fiber (Fusion Splicing, OTDR, and/or iOLM), terminate and test coax (JMA Compression type Connectors, Sweep, and PIM), and configure, troubleshoot, and integrate DAS Head End equipment such as Rectifiers, Battery Systems, VoltServer, Commscope iON-B and iON-U, JMA Teko, and Corning Mobile Access, along with relevant monitoring components such as T1 and Broad Band Backhaul circuits, Routers, IP Switches, and Dry Contact Alarm Monitoring equipment, based on the highest quality standards. Certifications are a plus.
The DAS Technician is a hands-on role that will work closely with the on-site Project Lead and other technicians. The
duties will include, but not limited to:
- Installing DAS wireless equipment. To include but not limited to the installation of Outdoor and Indoor antennas, coaxial cable, CATV cable, fiber optic cable, CAT 5 cable, CAT 6 cable, DC Power Cable and other appropriate components to NEC standards.
- Read and interprets design drawings, blueprints, and installation guides.
- Installs and secures cables, mounts hardware as described in drawings and notes.
- Place, cut, prepare, terminate and secure copper coaxial and optical fiber to respective connectors, affix splitters based on designs.
- Terminate, test, and troubleshoot cables and antennas.
- Splice and test fiber using fusion splicing gear, OTDR and/or iOLM test equipment
- Terminate and test coax in antenna systems using JMA compression tools, Anritsu Sweep and PIM gear.
- Configure and integrate DAS Head End equipment such as Rectifiers, Battery Systems, VoltServer, Commscope iON-B and iON-U, JMA Teko, and Corning Mobile Access, along with relevant monitoring components such as T1 and Broad Band Backhaul circuits, Routers, IP Switches, and Dry Contact Alarm Monitoring equipment.
- Works independently and/or directs a crew of installers.
- Updates customer prints, documentation, and facilitates document storage.
- Accurately reports status, material usage, and expenses.
- Contributes to creating a professional and safe work environment.
- Ensures work is performed in accordance with company standards.
- Mentoring and leading less experienced technicians.
- Assisting in warehouse maintenance and inventory.
The DAS Technician is responsible for DAS Installation and Head End upgrade projects. Qualified candidates:
- 1-4 years of telecommunications installation experience.
- Fiber, Copper, and/or Coax Certification or demonstrable equivalent experience with fiber, copper, and/or coax terminations and testing as defined above.
- Must be a fast learner able to work independently or in a team.
- Fiber optic cabling experience to include terminations, testing and troubleshooting. Corning and EXFO Certifications a plus.
- Knowledge of building, fire and electrical codes is preferred.
- High school education or equivalent.
- Demonstrate and uphold all of Fourier Network Solutions' core values, which include integrity, accountability, teamwork, innovation and growth.
- MUST be able to read blueprints/construction drawings.
- Knowledge of the terminology used in the in-building DAS industry.
- Solid skills with Microsoft Office Software (particularly Excel).
In addition, qualified Candidates will have the ability to:
- Travel to project locations nationwide for up to 4 weeks at a time.
- Pass a criminal background check, drug screening and a pre-employment physical.
- Maintain a valid driver’s license.
- Lift upwards of 80 lbs. unassisted.
- Repeatedly ascend and descend ladders ranging in height from 6ft to 14ft
- Be able to work in attic-type space, drop ceiling, and other spaces safely, without falling through the ceiling.
- Experienced with pulling and handling cable without damaging it.
- Walk continuously throughout the job site while carrying ladders, tools and installation materials.
- Work indoor/outdoor with variable conditions. (-20/120)
- Work nights as required.
- Must provide basic hand tools.
- Demonstrate ability to work in a professional manner at all job sites.
- Deliver customer service, use great communication skills, and demonstrate ability to work well on a team.
- Think analytically and to solve complex problems.
- Drive performance and execute against plan.
- Demonstrate ability to complete installations independently as projects require, while working with a sense of urgency.
If the candidate does not have any of the following certifications, they must have the ability to become certified within a
year of being hired, if required. Company will pay for training.
- RF Awareness
- OSHA 10 or OSHA 30
- EXFO Splice/Test OTDR/iOLM
- Anritsu PIM Sweep
- JMA (Connectors TEKO DAS)
- Ericsson RDS Structured Cabling Installation (incl. Dot Radio Installation)
- Commscope – Ion-M, Ion-B, Ion-U, Ion-E
- Corning Mobile Access – CMA SpiderCloud
- First Aid/CPR, OSHA10 or OSHA30
- UL Lockout/Tagout
- Competitive hourly rate
- Paid vacation, sick time, and holidays
- Company sponsored health plan
- Company paid life insurance
- Company paid training
- Transportation to and from project
- Per diem while on project
- Additional tools required to perform job duties
Fourier Network Solutions is a national provider of security, mobility and infrastructure solutions. We offer a unique lifecycle approach to engagements that ensures you always have access to the right combination of engineering, consultation and innovation. At Fourier Network Solutions, we believe the work you do should be as empowering as the mobility, security and infrastructure solutions we design, engineer, implement and support. We have worked to create the corporate culture that makes you glad you came to Fourier, including a team atmosphere that encourages innovation and collaboration, opportunities for autonomy and critical thinking, ongoing personal growth and professional development, and a chance to work with some of the best clients in the world.