The successful candidate will have a strong electrical / electronics background. Primary responsibilities for this position include troubleshooting and repair of industrial food processing and packaging equipment, and repair of facilities support equipment, all with a high priority on maintenance and safety. Work from daily job assignments, prints, schematics, wiring diagrams, facility check sheet, machine manuals, sketches, preventive maintenance sheets and instructions.
Troubleshoot, diagnose and repair equipment breakdowns involving mechanical, electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic components.
- Tear down equipment, rebuild and replace defective parts and component units such as: motors, gear boxes, clutches, bearings, and electrical units, reassemble and make final equipment adjustments.
- Ability to work well with all levels of personnel individually or in a team environment.
Minimum Job Requirements:
Must be able to work any shift and alternate schedules that include weekends, overtime and holidays.
- Reasonable exposure in the following areas:
- Predictive/preventative maintenance
- PLC control systems, industrial electronics
- 3 phase motor and control systems, D.C. motor and control systems
- Hydraulics and pneumatics, material conveying systems, pumping systems
- Welding, machining, and HVAC experience a plus.
- Past experience with automated systems a plus
- High school education or equivalency.
- Execute safe work practices & behaviors, adhere to GMP requirements and keep work area clean.
- Must be able to pass physical, drug hair test, alcohol and background check.
- Position may involve standing for extended periods of time.
- Able to lift up to 75 pounds, good visual accuracy, able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously, effective verbal communication skills.
This is an excellent opportunity for a high energy, enthusiastic person who can create and foster a culture of teamwork, excellence and continuous improvement within a fast-paced manufacturing environment. Schulze & Burch is an Equal Opportunity Employer F/M/D/V offering a generous benefit package.