PURPOSE OF POSTITION
Writes all programs for the CNC machines.
TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES
Design jigs and fixtures for machining, welding and plate manufacturing operations that create a safe working environment.
Make sure all programs operate in a manner that keeps all employees safe.
Comply with all applicable safety policies and regulations, especially in manufacturing areas.
Maintain the tool system for stocking, tracking, usage and ordering of hand tools, carbide inserts and other small consumable tooling for the shop floor.
Make sure all programs create a quality product that meets all tolerances.
Work with QA and production to ensure first article proof run is complete and within tolerances.
Designs fixtures for machining, assembly, welding and punching.
Assists in the maintenance, installation, and commissioning of machinery, equipment, and facilities in the plant
Ensure all CNC programming is complete and correct.
Programs should be issued in a timely manner and in advance of production schedule needs.
Maintain the system to control all CNC programs to aid in the manufacture of recurring parts.
· Research processes and present ideas to result in the most efficient and cost effective manufacturing methods and selection of appropriate cutting tools.
· Monitor operations on machines to assure that the proper tooling, cutters, and cutting speeds are being utilized
· Reduces machining costs by the implementation of improved tooling, methods, and speeds
Support employees with CNC program questions and issues, operator assistance and tooling issues.
Aid in training of CNC Operators. Liaison with external customers with tooling or other issues.
Cooperates and interacts with all levels of personnel with a teamwork approach.
Other duties as assigned
· College degree in manufacturing technology or programming is essential
· Two years of previous programming experience necessary in lieu of education of education
· 2 years CNC machining and/or CNC programming experience in an heavy manufacturing environment desirable.Company Description
voestalpine SIGNALING USA develops high-end monitoring equipment for the railroad industry and is part of a large international group headquartered in Austria. voestalpine is a globally active group with a number of specialized companies that produce, process and further develop high-quality steel products (Please contact us using the "Apply for this Job Posting" box below)).
voestalpine Nortrak employees enjoy a generous benefits package including: medical, dental, vision, short-term and long-term disability, life and AD&D insurance, retirement plan with a generous matching contribution, Employee Assistance Program, tuition reimbursement, paid holidays, wellness programs , and competitive vacation benefits.
EEO / Minorities / Females / Veterans / Disabled / Drug-Free & E-Verify Employer