Quality Assurance Supervisor job description
Performs quality tasks to track, monitor, analyze, document, and report on materials, equipment, processes and products, physical inspections on equipment, products and documents to assure they are correct and complete, ensuring they meet Crescent Food, USDA, State or local governments standards. The candidate will also assist in field work related to pest control and sanitation along with assist in training needs and plant training programs for new QA and current employees to assure that employees performing tasks are capable and the requirements are being met. Coordinate and monitor QA audits, reviews of operational systems to include the following: QA Technicians, QA Leads, as needed, duties to include operation/calibration of equipment, aseptic technique when sampling and completing microbiological testing, information management \ (SPC, Computer Data Entry into spreadsheets & databases).
· Verify overall plant product quality by conducting and evaluating various product tests and tests related to ingredients and packaging.
· Assist QA Manager in external auditing schemes such as GFSI - BRC / SQF-Safe Quality Food
· Assist with leading internal audits to monitor processes, facilities and systems.
· Assists management with employee training and monitoring on GMP’s, HACCP, M.S.D.S. & Allergen controls
· Assists with the implementation, communication and education of improvement programs designed to
monitor and develop, with the process deviations and the quality of the product assurance
· Assures the quality of the products leaving the facility/warehouse conform to quality standards and government regulations
· Completes and files all QA inspection forms in timely manner
· Evaluate and take corrective action when necessary regarding product date coding and trade age management at all levels of product movement.
· Responsible for verifying the accuracy and appropriateness of in-process formulae, specifications and testing procedures and initiating changes as required.
· Provide training to plant operations personnel on quality programs, quality control testing, equipment sanitation and general sanitation and housekeeping practices to promote the safe and cost-effective production of quality product.
· Perform related duties as assigned or as the situation dictates.
· Resolve major quality problems at the plant level, warehouse and other areas as required.
· Flexibility in work schedule as required. Must be able to work extended hours and weekends
· Function as an information source for other departments when critical quality issues arise.
· Formalize the HACCP plan and need to be a member of HACCP team.
· Prepare plant evaluation reports and submit to Quality Assurance Manager.
· Perform and document periodic sanitation and safety audits and make recommendations to management for improvement.
· Participate in QA Council/attends meetings.
· Perform pre-operational (pre-op) and operational sanitation inspection to assure that all GMPs,
SSOPs and CCPs are followed.
Back-Up SQF Practitioner shall meet the following requirements:
• The QA Supervisor is employed as a Crescent Foods employee on a full-time basis.
• Shall act as Back-Up SQF Practitioner to support the QA Manager/SQF Practitioner
• Holds a position of responsibility in relation to the management of the facility SQF System.
• Has completed a HACCP-based training course and is a certified SQF Practitioner.
• Is competent to implement and maintain HACCP-based food safety plans.
• Has an understanding of the SQF Code and the requirements to implement and maintain SQF Systems relevant to the supplier scope of certification.
Required Competencies, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Proficient in standard business office software
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Fluency in written and verbal English
• Demonstrated independent work initiative, sound judgment, diplomacy, analytical ability
and professional demeanor
Education and Experience
• High School diploma - Associates Degree Preferred or 3 years equivalent work experience
• 1 – 3 years’ experience in QA/QC in the food industry preferred
• R & D a must
• Poultry, Meat, and handling, preparing or cooking background a must
• Ability to speak and communicate in Spanish, a plus but not mandatory
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work is performed mostly in a back-office warehouse setting; refrigerated areas, hand-eye coordination is
necessary to operate computers and various pieces of office and logistics equipment.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently is required to stand and talk or hear; use
hands and fingers to handle, feel, or operate objects, tools, or controls and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee is occasionally required to walk; sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and smell.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 75pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
No relocation will be provided –
It is Crescent Foods, Inc. policy to seek and employ qualified persons in all jobs in a manner which will ensure equal employment opportunity as well as administer personnel actions in a manner as to not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation or disability. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to the job. They are not construed to be an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel in the job. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to changeCompany Description
At Crescent Foods, we pride ourselves in being the first company to offer such a wide variety of Halal chicken and beef products in premium packaging to stores across the country. We pride ourselves in raising and processing the chickens and cattle in humane conditions, while ensuring that the entire farm-to- fork philosophy adheres to the strictest ethical guidelines. We believe we are answerable to our loyal customers, our vendors and our employees, all of whom make us successful. We are dedicated to our mission to provide healthy meals to families across the nation. We might be pioneers in the industry, but our story has just begun.