Mixologists (our name for Compounders) are an important technical resource in the Southside Soapbox as they impact one extremely important aspect of products – the soap itself. Mixologists gather all ingredients, verify these ingredients against a formula, and then blend the ingredients together to make the world’s greatest soap.
The Mixologist will:
- Promote + adhere to safety rules + guidelines for all work processes, refusing to settle for shortcuts to ensure safety is the highest priority within the factory
- Perform all operations required to complete batches for use in filling operations – these operations include: weighing items, adding ingredients, following instructions, logging data, interfacing with support systems, verifying quality, tracking inventory and mixing elements together
- Follow documented processes to sanitize all processing equipment used in the operations at predefined intervals, and perform testing to verify that the sanitization is successful.
- Test + monitor for quality, ensuring our products uphold our standards to deliver a world class quality experience for all PADvocates (our customers)
- Maintain a clean + welcoming workplace that complies with good manufacturing practices standards, 5S requirements + other established best practices
- 5+ years of experience (consumer packaged goods preferred) as a compounder or blender
- Experience working in a chemical blending environment and knowledge of OSHA, Environmental and DOT requirements and regulations
- Candidates should have the ability to stand for a minimum of 8 hours a day, performing manual duties
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs. and pour 50 pound containers of materials regularly
- Must be flexible to work weekends and overtime when needed
- Ability to communicate effectively both written + orally in English
- Strong attention to detail
- Willingness to learn + ability to adapt to a changing environment
- Sense of humor + a positive outlook with a “can-do” attitude!