Quality Control Supervisor
Bakery Production Plant located in Chicago is looking for a Bilingual (English and Spanish), full-time Quality Control Supervisor. The position requires working knowledge of Quality Control programs, SQF, GMP’S, HACCP and Food Safety.
- Maintains and develops SQF, HACCP, and Food Safety Programs
- Supervise and develop QC Technicians to identify and achieve optimum performance, best practices, technical capabilities, career development and personal growth.
- Provide leadership to Quality technicians to support operations in executing quality management systems. Familiar with bakery operations with emphasis on detection, reporting and follow-up of sub-standard conditions and practices.
- Proficient in the proper procedures for the reporting of routine analyses/investigations and the follow up of out of specification conditions.
- Develop and maintain audit and testing programs to comply with customer and Company quality requirements.
- Report to QA Manager daily on quality status and concerns.
- Oversee identification and isolation of out-of specification material.
- Monitor accuracy of production and packaging processes.
- Establish and monitor plant GMP’s.
- Oversee training of Q.A. personnel on package and product integrity and quality.
- Complete in-plant quality status summaries and monthly quality activity reports.
- Evaluate daily audit data to release/hold finished product as required (including microbiological data where required).
- Maintain all Company and Customer Quality Control polices and manuals.
- Assist in overall plant quality awareness training.
- Actively support plant safety program.
- Design Standard Operation Procedures, work instructions, forms and other materials and methodologist for in-process and finished product evaluation
- Performs other duties that management may assign
- Three of more years in Food Quality Control and Food Safety