**Ability to train in the Elgin, IL R&D lab is required. Length of training depends on experience level. Must live in USA near a major airport to commute to customer visits.
The Account Manager is responsible for selling the Lawter product line in the Ink market. Responsibilities include full sales cycle including generating leads, following through on all leads, demonstrating business growth and profit potential to the customer, and closing the sale.
- Responsible for sales in assigned region including handling the day-to-day contact with customers ensuring their needs are met in regards to product, application and service, while adhering to assigned budgets and other designated performance standards.
- Provide exceptional customer experience for business partners and prospects to develop long-term business opportunities
- Assist in the introduction of new products; supporting internal R&D, Innovation, Operations, etc. in identifying customer needs, preparing product for commercialization and delivering product solutions to the market.
- Assist Commercial Team and prospective customers to identify unmet needs, and implement initiatives to meet those needs. Possess the ability to understand business objectives and customer needs and convert into technical product specifications. Support formulation of strategy in key target markets, identifying emerging organizational capability requirements.
- Set, implement and fulfill sales goals & objectives.
- Actively market and develop new potential customers and other possibilities
- Prospecting and new business development; identifying potential customers from industry sources, trade shows and from own primary research.
- Building new and maintaining current relationships with customers at all levels of their organization (from operators to Owner/President), ensuring a thorough understanding of the customers’ purchasing activity and business needs.
- Direct inputs to R&D team to develop application performance data for targeted customers and market segments.
- Assist and conduct distributor's sales activities
- Participate in data collection of ink and other related industries market information,
- Collect relevant governmental regulations and industrial /commercial market information.
- Analyze account & territory business to identify opportunities & weak areas, formulate objectives & plans to bring about corrective actions.
- Demonstrated ability to consistently and timely close leads and fill pipeline with opportunities within price and terms desirable to Lawter.
- Professionally interact and work internally with engineers, technical service, inside sales reps, customer service, etc.
Product Line Management
- Update product list for NA by quarter.
- Set up new material code for new product and label, obsolete old ones in SAP timely
- Lead product transferring to different locations.
- Work together with product safety side to update chemical registration status.
- Update TDS for NA products including products from tollers.
Cost & Pricing Management
- Monitor Bill of material (BOM) for accuracy. Distribute cost run every month to NA sales team. Getting Minimum MOM request from NA Commercial Manager as important instruction to the cost run.
- Maintain the Master Price List.
- Maintain IC pricing for imports and approve IC pricing for Exports as needed.
- Maintain SOX compliance documentation and Mitigating Controls for IAR-NA pricing on a monthly basis.
- Provide cost information to Technology on developmental formulas in 48 hours form request.
- Work with Operations to clear variances on an as needed basis.