Join our team of technical experts! Spencer Technologies provides services throughout the United States and Canada. For almost 40 years, our focus has been on retail and multi-site organizations, with a deep seeded dedication to the industry and the technology supporting it.
Great opportunity for someone who enjoys Field Work in the Retail, Hospitality and Restaurant Industries. Our technicians receive a labor rate and travel rate.
Full time benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, Paid Holidays, PTO, 401(K), and HSA (partially company sponsored).
Installation and repair of data communications lines and equipment
Role and Responsibilities
- Review and complete work orders to move, change, install, repair, or remove data communications equipment such as cabling, wires, POS, CCTV, phone systems, computer terminals, audio systems, DVR’s, digital signage, traffic monitoring systems and analytics, people counters, as well as wireless RF units.
- Read technical manuals to learn correct settings for equipment
- Measure, cut, and install wires and cables
- Splice wires or cables
- Connect microcomputer or terminal to data communication lines
- Disassemble equipment and inspects and tests wiring to locate and repair problem
- Modify equipment in accordance with user request
- Test communication lines to ensure that specifications are met
- Enter commands into computer to test equipment
- Read messages on computer screen to verify that data is being transmitted between locations according to specifications
- Plan layout and installation of data communications equipment
- Demonstrate use of equipment
- Experience in cabling (3 years preferred)
- Phone systems experience (3 years preferred)
- Travelling required – some overnights
- Available to work evenings, weekends, and overtime
- Must maintain a valid Driver’s License
- Driving Record must be incident free for last 3 years
- Able to lift at least 50 lbs
- Able to climb 12 ft ladder
- Able to sit, stand, kneel and/or walk for long periods of time
Encompassing over 45 years of corporate evolution, today's Spencer Technologies is the leading provider of end to end IT life cycle solutions for literally every type of major corporation in the retail market — from specialty stores and department stores to DIY and restaurants. Our team is comprised of retail and technical experts to ensure solutions are sound and relevant allowing us to provide the highest quality of service to top retailers throughout the world. More importantly, we set the standard for experience, technical expertise, unparalleled customer service and absolute reliability.