- To code provider bills; to enter pre-coded billing data into the system; and to verify the output.
- Keys pre-coded billing data into the system.
- Identifies and forwards complex bills to claims examiners.
- Codes provider bills in accordance with claims management system notes and state guidelines.
- Follows workers compensation / auto guidelines to evaluate the services.
- Compares qualifications of service provider with service provided.
- Involved in system maintenance / file maintenance and interface with IT department.
- Assists in account batching and distribution of incoming and outgoing mail.
- Answers customer service calls from providers, clients and claims examiners.
- One (1) year general office experience required.
- Knowledge of medical terminology preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication
- PC literate, including Microsoft Office products
- Analytical and interpretive skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to meet or exceed Performance Competencies
- High school diploma or GED required.
Pay rate: $16.50 an hourCompany Description
Canon Recruiting Group, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Canon Recruiting Group, Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.