The primary responsibility of the Category Manager is to provide support for the implementation of Category Management and other related business insights initiatives within a designated customer.
The Category Manager will routinely visit customers in the market with business managers and clients to drive category management initiatives. The Category Manager will assist in conducting store audits to view assortments, space, merchandising, and pricing requirements in assigned categories.
Knowledge of Market 6 and 84.51, preferred
- Establish and maintain a partnership with business managers and clients in the development of strategic plans for category management within the customer team.
- Work as integral part of assigned team assisting business managers and/or space technologists in presenting category management reviews to customers.
- Analyze base insights presentations for assigned clients represented in the customer team.
- Maintain frequent internal contact with the category managers and or key customer personnel externally in the market, hub, client or customer team and assist them in their category management process.
- Coordinate efforts with the Center of Shared Business Intelligence (CSBI) category analysts to manage the completion of all base presentations in order to meet the time frames and needs of the customer team.
- Collaborate with CSBI to maintain and update all syndicated scanning databases needed in the analysis for customer, client and/or market reviews.
- Utilize and understand IRI and ACNielsen syndicated scanning data, customer point-of-sale and loyalty data and systems used to generate the information for category reviews.
- Miscellaneous duties as assigned.
- Must have a college degree and 3-5 years experience in category management, sales and/or other industry related functions.
- Must have prior work experience in data analysis and systems and demonstrate a fundamental knowledge of the technology involved to operate and maintain these systems.
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have a high degree of proficiency in Windows and related software applications including spreadsheets, word processing, graphics, e-mail, fax, database management, ACNielsen Workstation, NITRO and IRI Data Server.
- Must be able to effectively communicate with others. Must be able to operate a calculator, computer, printer, fax machine, telephone and copy machine.
The competency and skills required are:
- Passion / Attitude / Sense of Urgency; Sense of ownership (act like an owner, plan to win);
- Collaborative / Teamwork focus;
- Intellectual Curiosity / Creativity; emotional intelligence;
- Organized (strong organizational skills); Organizational savvy;
- Sales minded (understands sales);
- Collaboration with sales team & retailer; Ask the right questions (consultative thinking; understand shopper data; sales/shopper decomposition;
- Ability to uncover and understand retailer pain points (operations etc.); understand major client objectives; understand space analytics;
- Project management; negotiation skills; presentation skills; translate macro trends to implications/Insights;
- Story telling with information; ability to look across the store not just analyze a category.
Acosta Sales & Marketing is an Equal Opportunity Employer
By submitting your application you agree with and accept the Acosta Privacy Statement and Terms of Conditions.
US: (Please contact us using the "Apply for this Job Posting" box below)/privacy-policy-us/Company Description
A privately held sales and marketing agency based in Jacksonville, Fla., Acosta has more than 100 offices around the world with over 30,000 employees. Learn more about how our values, services and, most importantly, people are changing the CPG experience with proven results.