Wright Brothers is currently seeking a Full – Time Yard Worker/Loader to join the team in Cincinnati, OH. The qualified candidate must have excellent people skills. To join our family-oriented, non-smoking company in Losantiville, please respond with your resume. This opportunity is second shift, 11:00am-8:00pm.
- High School Diploma
- Must have a valid driver’s license with a Motor Vehicle Record within company guidelines. Because this position may be required to drive a company vehicle, incumbent must be at least 21 years old.
- must be able to to acquire Class C CDL with HAZMAT in first 90 days.
- Ability to complete forklift training.
- Ability to work independently and under some pressure to meet deadlines
- Flexibility to meet changing customer demands
- Demonstrate a clear and effective speaking manner for the purpose of conveying information
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent communication skills and ability to interface with co-workers
- Perform a variety of yard activities including operating a forklift to move product and material throughout the yard.
- Moves product/material throughout the yard ensuring placement in correct areas.
- Ensures product/material is well stocked of inventory at all times.
- Performs routine clean up of yard.
- Understands and observes all safety procedures and practices in order to prevent injury to self or co-workers; attends periodic safety meetings as required; may recommend changes to improve safety procedures.
- Learn various safety and handling procedures including hazards of gases, size and contents of gases, understanding cylinder safety labels and color coding
- Able to understand and comply with Wright Brothers, OSHA and DOT guidelines related to loading, adequate weight distribution, and strapping methods
- Unload empty cylinders from trucks with forklift and stage empty cylinder area
- Sort and palletize empty and full cylinders, prepare cylinders to be filled by Dock Operations
- Back up Propane filler
- Stock working island with all common gases
- Assist walk in customers with locating and staging gas for easy pick up by customer
- Inspect all cylinders in the process for out of date, in need of re-testing, painting, new labels or service then segregating in quarantine area
- Plan load out when trucks loads are dispatched
- Fill all truck load outs with correct orders (correct gas, size, label) from final load sheets
- Load trucks with next day’s deliveries and ensure all trucks boxed out with empty pallets
- Remain at fill plant until all trucks have been double verified, making additions and corrections as necessary
- Reviews materials loaded against invoice or requisition; completes and routes paperwork appropriately.
- General plant housekeeping including keeping yard free from debris and garbage cans empty
- Other duties may be assigned.
WORK ENVIRONMENT / PHYSICAL ACTIVITY
- The work environment and physical activity described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Work is performed primarily in an outdoor yard environment, subject to variations in temperature and weather, equipment noise and dust.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 25 pounds frequently and on occasion up to 80 pounds.
- Must be able to physically operation forklift equipment (climb up and down into cab, twist torso for 360 degree visibility, use arms to operate controls..
- Competitive Pay
- Work/life balance
The employee must be able to operate in a drug, alcohol, and smoke-free workplace. Drug, alcohol, nicotine, will be conducted during pre-employment or employment and background checks will be conducted to management's satisfaction before any offer is made. Any positive drug, alcohol, or nicotine test during pre-employment will automatically disqualify a candidate; smokers need not apply. You will be an at-will employee throughout your employment with Wright Brothers. Nothing in these guidelines, your application or in the employee handbook guarantees employment for any period of time or is intended to be a contract of employment.
About the Company:
Wright Brothers, Inc. produces, sells and distributes high-performance specialty gases to Northeastern, Central, Southwestern Ohio and Northern Kentucky. As a leader in bioscience, research and industrial gas services, Wright Brothers is committed to finding innovative and cost-effective solutions for our customers and for the industry.
Wright Brothers continues to bring new gas solutions to a large base of dynamic industries including healthcare, food and beverage, floral, electronics, energy, manufacturing and others.
At Wright Brothers we take great pride in doing things the Wright way. We believe the Wright way means doing what’s right, doing the best we can and treating others as you’d like to be treated. It’s a simple philosophy by which we operate every aspect of our business.
The success of Wright Brothers is attributed to its people. Through training and participative management we have created an exciting environment in which our associates thrive. Our technical expertise combined with our innovative and flexible minds allow our organization to work as a team. As a result, we utilize our capabilities which allow our customers to use our products and services more effectively and efficiently.
Family owned and operated since 1950, Wright Brothers is no stranger to the gas and equipment industry. We are constantly looking for ways to improve our business and enhance the lives of our customers. With a dedicated and knowledgeable team behind our name, the possibilities are endless.
Wright Brothers, Inc. was named 2012 Chamber of Commerce Business of the Year.
For IMMEDIATE consideration, APPLY NOW!
WRIGHT BROTHERS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Wright Brothers, Inc. produces, sells and distributes high-performance specialty gases in Northeastern, Central, Southwestern Ohio, Kentucky, and Indiana. As a leader in bioscience, research, and industrial gas services, Wright Brothers is committed to finding innovative and cost-effective solutions for our customers and for the industry.