COMPANY: ACR Alpine Capital Research is a $3.750B AUM fundamental value manager serving financial intermediaries and institutions with concentrated equity, credit, and multi-strategy vehicles. ACR’s founder and Chief Investment Officer is seeking a Director of Portfolio and Economic Research to support him in the coordination of certain management and research activities. ACR is headquartered in St. Louis, Missouri. For additional information, please visit .
RESPONSIBILITIES: The Director of Portfolio and Economic Research will assist the Chief Investment Officer in his duties as manager of the firm’s investment operation; produce internal management, portfolio, and investment research reports; and publish external financial and economic research. The Director of Portfolio and Economic Research’s success will be measured by internal and external research and reporting quality; organizational and administrative effectiveness; and the ability to free up Chief Investment Officer and investment team time.
- Execute research projects assigned by ACR’s Chief Investment Officer
- Manage and support organizational activities directed by ACR’s Chief Investment Officer
- Publish white papers with the Chief Investment Officer
- Enhance and systematize the Chief Investment Officer’s economic databank and chartbook
- Manage analysts and associates for research and other projects as directed by the Chief Investment Officer
- Update and maintain accounting adjustment policy and procedures
- Collect and report fundamental data across asset classes
- Track fundamental performance and support the preparation of post-mortem reports
- Work with internal performance measurement staff to present investment team and position results
- Coordinate and support activities of special committees
- Interface with marketing and operations in joint functions and projects
- Coordinate management of the investment team’s databases, systems, and technologies
QUALIFICATIONS: The successful candidate will be an experienced portfolio manager or senior analyst who desires an organizational role requiring deep knowledge and experience in fundamental valuation. A minimum of 5-10 years’ experience as a portfolio manager or analyst is required.
- Highest level of integrity and ethical standards
- A passion and deep understanding of value investing
- Desire to impact the firm at an organizational rather than portfolio manager level
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with different personality types
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Detail oriented while maintaining a big picture perspective
- Excellent modeling skills in Excel, Cap IQ, Bloomberg, and FactSet
- MBA and CFA designation preferred
LOCATION: St. Louis, Missouri
COMPENSATION: Competitive compensation and bonus opportunity commensurate with qualifications and performance.
SEND APPLICATION TO: ACR Investment Team at (Please contact us using the "Apply for this Job Posting" box below) Please include a resume with cover letter addressing the below two topics separately.
Describe/define what value investing means to you
Describe what attracts you to the Director of Portfolio and Economic Research role at ACR