We are seeking a Junior Staff Accountant that has a passion for finance and is looking to grow with our company. You will LOVE it here! Work with a great leader and a fun, diverse group of people. Join us for a long-term for a direct hire position.
Main Responsibilities Include:
· Reconciling general and subsidiary ledger accounts by gathering and balancing information.
· Gathering and analyzing information from the general ledger system and internal departments.
· Preparing general ledger entries by maintaining records and files.
· Responding to accounting and financial questions.
· Conducting research.
· Analyzing financial data.
· Performing and correcting variance analysis.
· Maintaining accounting controls using the established policies and procedures.
· Preparing quarterly taxes.
· Ensuring compliance with federal, state, and local financial regulations.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Special projects as assigned.
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, required.
· One year of accounting experience in a corporate environment, required
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Office core applications with a proficiency in Excel, required.
· Demonstrated general ledger experience
· Excellent verbal, written and communication skills.
· Flexibility to shift between tasks frequently.
· Excellent 10-key skills
· Ability to independently resolve issues.
· Familiarity with Great Plains, preferred
· Demonstrated analytical and critical thinking skills.