Emergency Medical Technician
Full-time Hourly / Part-time Hourly
Offices in Cleveland, North Ridgeville, Akron, Ashland and Warren!
Emergency Medical Technicians (EMTs) are the second and third highest level of emergency medical services providers. EMTs are specifically trained and certified to administer basic emergency services to victims of trauma or acute illness before and during transportation to a hospital or other healthcare facility. They work in conjunction with other members of the health care team.
Emergency Medical Technician Responsibilities:
- Work closely with Dispatchers to determine the best way to respond to calls based on the company's protocols and priority systems
- Respond to emergency calls, assess patient condition, and make critical clinical decisions quickly
- Collect pertinent patient care data and transfer that data to a medical professional based on State guidelines
- Complete paperwork (ePCR) for all patient calls
- Maintain a running inventory of medical supplies on the response vehicle
Emergency Medical Technician Requirements:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Active Ohio Emergency Medical Technician card
- Current BLS CPR certification
- Current NREMT certification
- Valid driver's license (less than 4 points on MVR required in order to drive)
- High school diploma/ GED required
Job Type: Full-time and Part-time available (Full-time is defined as at least 80 hours per 2-week pay period, and Part-time is defined as at least 40 hours per 2-week pay period, as of 4/1/2019) (Full-timers get paid at higher rates)
Salary: $12.50/hour - $16.50/hour range based on years of experience and other factors.
Shift Differential: $0.50/hour additional if you are on a full-time rotation and your shift begins between 12 pm and 5 pm; $0.75/hour additional if you are on a full-time rotation and your shift begins at/after 5 pm (night-shift rotation).
Job Location: Northeast Ohio (Cleveland, North Ridgeville, Akron, Ashland and Warren locations)
Required education: High school or equivalent
Required experience: Emergency Medical Technician, 1 year
Required language: English
Required licenses or certifications:
- Ohio Emergency Medical Technician
Physicians Ambulance is the most advanced private Emergency Medical Services (EMS) Company in Cleveland, Ohio. We provide Critical Care Transport, Advanced Life Support, Basic Life Support and Wheelchair Services to various clients in the health care field, including Hospitals, Skilled Nursing Facilities and their surrounding residences. What sets Physicians apart is the rigorous and continuous training of our staff and our commitment to the highest standards of service excellence.
It is our Mission to help and care for those who cannot for themselves.
It is our intent to be viewed by other private, local, state and national EMS programs as visionary and trend setting in emergency and non-emergency medical services by demonstrating the highest quality of care while utilizing cutting edge technology and innovative service delivery methods.