1) Sets up and operates horizontal boring, drilling, and milling machine to perform machining operations, such as milling, drilling, boring, and reaming metal workpieces, such as machine, tool, or die parts, analyzing specifications and deciding on tooling according to knowledge of shop mathematics, metal properties, and machining procedures: Studies machining instructions, such as job order, blueprint, process sheet, or layout on workpiece to determine machining required, sequence of operation, tooling, feed, and speed rate, applying knowledge of materials and machining.
2) Lifts workpiece either manually or with crane or hoist onto machine table or directs MONORAIL CRANE OPERATOR to put workpiece on machine table.
3) Positions and secures workpiece to table or angle plate, using clamps, shims, and parallel blocks and verifies position with such instruments as dial indicators, gauge blocks, and height gauges.
4) Selects and mounts tool in spindle.
5) Moves controls to set feeds, speeds, and depth of cut, and to position tool and workpiece in relation to each other, verifying position visually, with instruments, such as thickness gauges, and by reading dials.
6) Starts machine and observes operation, making one or more trial passes with manual control before engaging feed.
7) Verifies dimensions of machined workpiece with such measuring instruments as micrometers, telescoping gauges, vernier calipers, and dial indicators.
8) Works to tolerance of plus or minus 0.
9) 001 inch.
10) May use precision positioning devices, such as dial indicators mounted on machine troughs with standard length rods and work to tolerance as close as plus or minus 0.
11) 0001 inch.
12) May operate tracing attachment to duplicate contours from templates or models.
13) May operate machine with automatic positioning controls.
14) May lay out reference lines and machining locations on workpiece, according to blueprints, using layout tools, such as rule, divider, and scriber, applying knowledge of shop mathematics and layout techniques.
15) May operate bench grinder to sharpen tools.
- Quick Apply Here
- Give our office a call: 216-459-2800
- Stop by our office: 5348 Broadview Road Parma, OH 44134
Location: Cleveland 44135