The Driver/Warehouse associate is responsible for delivery and pick-up of products to designated customer locations and to US Supply’s branch locations. The driver position is responsible for accurately loading or unloading and for the integrity of the load from dock to delivery site, as well as for correct quantities, and paperwork. In the warehouse, he/she is responsible for accurately putting away incoming material and picking and packing orders for shipment.
The driver is responsible for following the assigned delivery route and for on-time delivery through the use of a GPS navigation mobile device and routing system. Driver/Warehouse Associates are also responsible for ensuring safe operation of all vehicles and material handling equipment and for all maintenance safety checks as well as the safety and security of all company assets. While driving, the Associate is responsible for a positive customer experience and for maintaining an ongoing customer relationship to support the company’s mission.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Responsible for the on-time and safe operation of the assigned vehicle during pick up from vendors and delivery to our branches and customer locations. Associate is responsible for following the designated route in order to maintain deliveries within the timeframe guaranteed to the customer. Driver is responsible for observing all traffic rules, posted speed signs and bridge weight and height requirements.
2. Responsible for accurate loading and unloading of products by maintaining a high level of personal concern for the integrity of the plumbing and HVAC products carried. The associate is responsible for ensuring the products delivered, correctly match the customer location and manifest by product identification and quantity. The associate is responsible to inspect all merchandise prior to and during transport, photograph loads prior to transport and at the time of delivery and for obtaining signatures on paperwork upon receipt or delivery. In COD situations, the driver is also responsible for obtaining valid bank drawn checks, which match the customer name as listed on the manifest.
3. Responsible for safe vehicle operation and maintenance, including pre and post maintenance safety checks, and for maintaining appropriate fuel levels using a company provided fueling PIN number. Associates must maintain an inspection book as required by supervision, and report all vehicle operational issues or required inspection due dates immediately to supervision. The associate is required to keep the vehicle locked, and to carry and maintain on the vehicle at all times, the correct vehicle registration, insurance certification, state stickers, EZ Pass device along with a valid and appropriate personal driving license. Associate is responsible for returning the mobile device, keys, gas receipts and other product paperwork and checks to the office at the end of each shift.
4. Responsible for warehouse picking and receiving, warehouse cleanup and or material movement. Responsible for processing orders accurately and efficiently and for identifying products based on product codes and/or physical characteristics. Responsible for inspecting all products handled for defects and for stocking products in the appropriate location and updating the system with the appropriate location. Ensure all products are properly labeled with product ID, unit quantities and order information as appropriate.
5. This position must safely operate material handling equipment such as forklifts and order pickers and utilize an RF scanner to record inventory changes. The associate may utilize Third party freight companies’ systems and Eclipse systems to create labels and shipping documents for products and shipments. Any potentially hazardous material must be handled safely and according to the Safety Data Sheet provided by the manufacturer. Aisles, material and equipment in assigned areas must be maintained in a clean and organized manner.
6. Must promote cooperative relationships with our branches, customers and vendors, the warehouse and support staff and follow all policies and procedures established by the company.
• Education: High School or GED
• Experience: Minimum of 3+ years distribution and or logistics delivery experience with a clean driving record.
• Must have and maintain a valid CDL A or Class C license appropriate to the class and size vehicle assigned.
• Ability to make sound decisions related to safe driving and the delivery and placement of loads. Ability to adhere to all state and federal driving regulations.
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build and maintain relationships with other employees, customers and vendors.
• Familiarity with the operation of a Smart Phone, GPS navigation and RF scanner. Eclipse inventory management system experience preferred.
Primary work is performed in a closed truck cab or trailer. Loading, unloading, picking, receiving can be either outdoor or indoors at a loading dock or warehouse facility.
Physical Requirements: Able to pass a DOT physical examination and drug and alcohol screen upon hire and randomly. Ability to sit in a truck cabin for long periods and to stand for up to 8 hours continuously. Ability to bend, reach and lift up to 50 lbs and to move up to 70 lbs of product onto and off of skids at ground level. Ability to climb up into a truck cabin and on and off of a truck bed, as well as move skids with the aid of a pallet jack.
Travel: Required to drive loads to multiple branches and or to customer designated locations.
Position Type and Expected hours of work: Full Time/Regular. Hours are Monday – Friday and vary depending on responsibilities. OT expected to include Saturdays as scheduled with supervisor or manager.
We are a family owned regional wholesale distributor of HVAC and Plumbing Supplies established 69 years ago. As a strong force in our markets, we currently operate 10 locations, two distribution centers and a company showroom with our corporate office located in West Conshohocken, PA. We strive to grow by providing excellence in Customer Care and creating Win-Win solutions to the contractor and do-it-yourself customers. We are professionals operating in a casual family type environment; focused on team collaboration and communication to develop our business. We offer growth opportunities through career development, a complete benefits package to include medical benefits, paid time off and 401K match.