The Town of Dillon is accepting applications for a qualified Full time/Year Round Maintenance Operator in the Public Works Department. Heavy equipment experience required. Commercial driver's license preferred, must be obtained within one (1) year of employment.
$21.91 -$24.10 per hour Depending on experience plus an excellent benefits package.
Examples of Duties / Knowledge & Skills
- Operates trucks of various sizes and weights in the loading, hauling and unloading of various equipment, materials and supplies.
- Operates construction or power equipment, such as front-end loader, back-hoe, grader, street sweeper, snowplow, and skid-steer loader.
- Operates jackhammers, mowers and other small equipment and tools.
- Performs routine inspection and preventive maintenance on assigned equipment and refers defects or needed repairs to Supervisor or Town Mechanic; cleans equipment.
- Assists in the installing and maintenance of traffic control devices.
- Performs required labor involved in construction and maintenance projects as part of a crew, including pavement cutting, patching holes, ditch digging, main and pipe repair, laying and backfilling.
- Assists in street maintenance, snow removal and sanding operations.
- Assists in constructing and erecting traffic and information signage.
- Controls traffic at work sites by flagging to guide traffic through work areas, as required or assigned.
- Assists in maintenance and upkeep of Town facilities and grounds, including parks and cemetery.
- Performs all duties in conformance to appropriate safety and security standards.
- Performs other related work as assigned.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status or disability (in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act) with respect to employment opportunities.