MD Energy is a rapidly growing energy management company that serves some of the area’s largest businesses, including real estate owners, restaurants, and manufacturers. We provide consulting services for approximately 100 million square feet of property in the Mid-Atlantic from our offices in the Harbor East neighborhood of downtown Baltimore.
We are looking for a dynamic and highly driven individual to join our team as an Electric Vehicle (EV) Account Manager. The EV Account Manager will be responsible for sourcing electric vehicle charging station opportunities, investigating new business opportunities, marketing to potential clients and building relationships within and across industries. This individual will primarily focus on new business opportunities in the multi-family sector.
· Cultivate and develop new business through building and existing relationships with professional organizations and trade allies
· Participate in foundational conversations, promote the Electric Vehicle Charging Station Program and share information about the program benefits
· Identify and source EV opportunities through a multifaceted approach, to include outbound sales calls, emails and outreach efforts, which includes dealer outreach
· Attend meetings and events with prospective clients. Attend and participate in networking events
· Act as the customer’s advocate to ensure the customer obtains accurate knowledge of EV charging programs in the marketplace
· Apply knowledge of additional state and federal funding programs to drive deeper energy savings. Remain current on market research and trends
· Attend staff conferences, events, festivals and any other programmatic outings that would be beneficial to promoting the program
· Track state, local and federal energy policies
· Maintain and update information in CRM system
· Educate and increase customer awareness of bottom line benefits resulting from EV Charging Station implementation
· Participate in and support traditional and digital marketing campaigns and initiatives focused on electric vehicles and/or electric vehicle charging stations
· Assist with additional projects and initiatives as needed
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
· Minimum of five (5) years of outside sales and/or business development experience
· Energy industry experience or experience working with electric vehicles and charging stations, is a plus
· Exceptional relationship building and management skills
· Outstanding interpersonal skills and client service orientation. Ability to connect quickly with others and establish rapport
· Self-starter and highly motivated to excel
· Ability to work well in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment
· Strong verbal and written communication skills. Effective listening and probing skills
· Professional presentation and demeanor
· Strong follow-up and follow through skills. Demonstrated ability to successfully close sales
· Proven track record of success in a business development or sales position
· Ability to travel within geographic area
· Flexibility to work outside of a standard forty (40) hour work week schedule, which may include evenings, nights, and weekends
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent related work experience
TECHNICAL SKILLS REQUIRED
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
· Experience using CRM
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, smart phones, office phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. This position requires the individual to operate a vehicle in order to travel to events and customer locations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms and requires the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies up to 20 pounds.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position offers a competitive base salary, plus incentive. Candidates interested in applying for this position should submit a resume and cover letter to (Please contact us using the "Apply for this Job Posting" box below)
Maryland Energy Advisors is an Equal Opportunity Employer/M/F/Disability/Vet.Company Description
MD Energy Advisors mission is to anticipate and solve energy problems so our customers don’t have to. Our People are at the center of our customer experience, built on speed, convenience, innovation and personalization.