About The Zimmerman Companies
The Zimmerman Companies have owned and managed environments where people live, work, and play since 1970. We are passionate about what we know, and curious about what we don’t. Through investment today – in people and in properties – we create value for tomorrow, improving lives in big ways and small.
The Zimmerman Companies are seeking a full-time Coworking Community Assistant to join our growing and fast-paced team at Versa.
What exactly is coworking?
Coworking is the intersection of hospitality and daily office space. Versa meets the needs of our members as well as the best hotel would, while they’re at work. We have a member café and event spaces for board meetings, education, cocktail parties, and celebrations of all kinds that are able to accommodate groups from four to 150. Versa is a people- and service-centric coworking community.
The ideal candidate loves people and has a big, warm smile while projecting a professional image in person and on the phone, is service-minded, articulate and detail-oriented. This person enjoys wearing many hats and takes pleasure in supporting a busy workspace, is flexible and understands that his or her job duties may change from time to time and that he or she may be asked to help out in other areas of the space. Most importantly, you can switch focus and give excellent customer service on a moment’s notice.
As the Coworking Community Assistant, you will welcome visitors, answer phone calls, inquiries, and provide administrative and general support to the coworking division. Through your service mindset, you will empower others to be their best. This position is expected to be 40 hours a week and will have a flexible schedule based on the needs of the business during our normal business hours (8 a.m. to 6 p.m.). Occasionally, you will be asked to work an after-hours event. This position will report to the Director of Shared Space.
· Greet members and guests promptly, enthusiastically, and with a smile
· Make each member and visitor feel like a rock star. Respond to member requests, inquiries, and concerns in a timely fashion
· Maintain the facilities to the highest standards, allowing our members to feel pride in bringing their clients and investors into their office
· Attend to all café requirements (stocking, cleaning, catering) as needed. Making coffee. Several times a day
· Basic cleaning and tidying. We have two large spaces with lots of members. People spill coffee, and don’t put away their dishes all the time. We need you to have an eye towards meticulous cleanliness and organization throughout the space (from bathrooms to parking lot!)
· Support the Hospitality Director with set up and break down of events to ensure that all requirements are met with the highest standards
· Maintain a consistently high hospitality experience for all members and guests of Versa
· Process mail and packages
· Other duties as assigned
Experience & Skills
· You love people
· You’re punctual, professional, proactive and thorough—a quick-learning self-starter who works well in a fast-paced environment
· You’re the host with the most, anticipating our member’s needs and delighting in exceeding their expectations
· You are highly organized and efficient with excellent time management skills and are able to prioritize tasks effectively when everything is happening at once
· You can write a professional email, take and make phone calls, conduct research on the internet, use Facebook pages and groups, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, and you’re excited to learn the remainder of our systems
· You have a high emotional IQ and can communicate well both verbally and in writing
· Valid driver’s license with a satisfactory driving record
· Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
· Social media savvy a plus
LOCATION: Based in Columbus, OH
TRAVEL: Less than 10%
REPORTS TO: Director of Shared Space
DIRECT REPORTS: None