Essential Job Responsibilities and Duties:
- Assists under general direction of Controller all accounting functions including but not limited to: accounts receivable, accounts payable, credit and collections, returns, claims, rebates, commissions, and month end closing.
- Coordinates and manages additional tasks like run EDI and help with inventory.
- Overseas and reviews, evaluates, audits and implements accounting systems, policies, and procedures.
- Serves as back-up for Controller when not available to ensure all financial reports are prepared in a timely and accurate manner.
- Contributes to the development and maintenance of financial statements and related reports including but not limited to balance sheets, income statements, cash-flow reports, budgets, and variance analysis.
- Supervises monthly balancing of books and monthly account reviews; prepares/presents monthly financial statements.
- Coordinates annual independent audit and preparation of annual tax documents.
- Contributes to help directs budget preparation, reviews budget proposals, and prepares necessary supporting documentation and justification for proposed budgets.
- May need to provide management with timely reviews of organization's financial status and progress; and forecasting.
- Ensures that all company and accounting policies are compliant with statutory payroll and property tax reporting guidelines.
- Monitors receivables to ensure credit risk is mitigated.
- Oversees accounts payable function including but not limited to compliance with expense reporting, capitalization policy, and purchase order procedures.
- May need to train accounting staff or other departments and may need to step in to help cover role.
- May need to coordinate with Auditors if needed.
- Capable of assisting and resolving escalated issues arising from operations and requiring coordination with other departments in the organization.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting.
- Over 6 years (minimum level of direct experience in a similar position).
- Requires at least 3+ years of managerial experience.
- Experience with ERP system; Oracle experiencing required.
- Advanced in excel.
- Commitment to excellence and high ethical standards.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Proven leadership and business acumen skills.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills; able to manage priorities and workflow.
Able to use office equipment. Computer, email, fax, any other software used within the department requirements.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will frequently sit, stand, walk, and reach.