Fabricator I is responsible for fabricating products using proper tools and machines. Fabricates various types of products and components, meeting defined production schedules. Performs basic operator preventative maintenance. Operate and/or use related machinery, equipment, and tools necessary to complete assembly / parts fabrication to specifications, which include hoists, slings, grinders (portable & bench), drills, presses, punches, saws, bending machines, tape measure, hand tools, etc. Note: Excludes CNC equipment program set-up and operate
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Fabricate assemblies / parts for products and changes to existing products per engineering documents and established production standards.
- Set-up, and lay out work using fixtures and guides to fabricate parts and assemblies.
- Arrange parts for fabrication and staging processes.
- Review finished assemblies and parts to ensure accuracy against drawings and BOMs.
- Report fabrication issues and assist in resolutions as required.
- Diagnose process and quality issues, and make improvement recommendations to department supervisor.
- Reject defective parts and material according to policy.
- Ensure safe, careful use, treatment, and maintenance of tools and equipment.
- Participate in and attend cross functional meetings as required.
- Participate in cross training program---train and be trained
- Mechanical aptitude
- Problem solving
- Quality focus
High School diploma or GED, vocational machine shop training preferred
1 to 2 years fabrication/machining preferred
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Ability to perform basic computer skills
Basic Math. Ability to read tape measure. Understand fractions and decimals, and ability to convert fractions and decimals.
Analytical or Reasoning Abilities:
Some administration, analytical reasoning/problem solving skills and
Communication Skills: (Writing, Foreign Language, Reasoning)
Communication skills (written and oral)
Other Skills (Technical, or Other special knowledge and abilities)
Ability to handle multiple assignments simultaneously in a fast-paced and complex environment. Team oriented individual who is flexible and adaptable to an ever-changing environment. Ability to plan and organize and to set priorities in order to meet deadlines.
- Ability stand, walk and/or sit for long periods of time
- Must be able to work in an office environment as well as a manufacturing/production shop environment as job duties require. May be exposed to loud operating machinery and cold temperatures.
Use proper PPE as required per company policy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, genetic information, or any other factors prohibited by law.Company Description
At Anthony, a Dover Company, we are a team, and every team member contributes to our vision: To enhance people’s lives through safe and efficient merchandising technologies. For over 60 years, our products have been part of the critical path of the food chain that starts with the farm and ends with your family consuming fresh, safe and healthy foods. We are leading our industry by Innovating What’s Next in glass doors and intelligent merchandising technologies that keep food safe and allow retailers all over the world to showcase products in an attractive and energy efficient display. By adding Anthony doors to refrigerated cases, retailers are able to reduce their carbon footprints by decreasing electricity usage as much as 70%.
As food delivery and technology converge, now more than ever, each employee at Anthony is a critical link in the chain that allows food to successfully reach consumers every day. Anthony strives to foster an exciting, fast paced, and rewarding work environment where innovative and disruptive thinking is encouraged and rewarded. We offer a blend of a small company atmosphere with the benefits of large company scale, tools, and career opportunities. New ideas and new innovations are fueling Anthony’s future. Join the Anthony team today!