The Buyer will perform complex supply chain and procurement tasks with a focus on growing and developing customer relationships. This position will support research to develop RFI/RFP/RFQ content, including sourcing strategies and price negotiations. A successful candidate will identify optimal sourcing of materials, negotiate favorable pricing, payment terms, capacity allocation and product quality. The candidate will review customer and supplier commercial documents with an eye on risk management and service expectations. In addition, the Buyer will develop analytics and disseminate reports indicating the Operational performance of strategic programs.
- Analyze proposals and negotiate best price, service, and delivery terms for purchased products and services.
- Monitor procurement records such as cost of items or services purchased, delivery, product quality or performance, and inventories to meet company requirements.
- Gather, analyze, and present data to stakeholders in order to identify cost-saving opportunities.
- Monitor supplier performance through metrics and communication with Operations leadership.
- Provide spot quotes for ad hoc procurement opportunities.
- Assist with RFI/RFQ/RFP submission preparation, completeness of package with all supporting documentation, and assist Alliance/Business manager with follow up questions, etc.
- Support outstanding service integrity to customers by ensuring material and service providers perform to desired standards.
- Determine material availability to establish internal production plans which support sales & inventory goals.
- Utilize MRP and inventory reports to report on inventory levels to maintain on-time shipping metrics and improve cash flow by increasing inventory turns.
- Generate coherent visualization methods derived from solid data and analytics to support data-driven decision making.
- Develop statistical models to help understand and predict demand patterns.
- Understands the impact of operational strategies and decisions and how they affect internal and external customers and suppliers.
- Assist with the administration and maintenance of company SOPs.
- Provide input regarding identification, development and implementation of process improvements, department policies/procedures and SOPs.
- Support the company ISO program.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree in Business, Supply Chain, or other applicable field.
- Supply Chain certification desired (CPSM, CPIM, CSCP).
- Experience in identifying new sources of supply, negotiating terms and managing supplier relationships.
- Deep quantitative capabilities and experience acquiring and manipulating large data sets.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and strong proficiency with MS Word and Excel.
- Minimum 5 years of escalating exposure to best of breed ERP (SX.e preferred), reporting and associated best practices.
- Preference given to candidates with experience with commodities applicable to public utilities and construction contractors.
- Ability to multitask, think strategically, problem solve and collaborate with team members.
- Highly motivated, results focused and ability to act with a high sense of urgency.
Agile is an award winning, woman and minority owned, national supply chain company with offices in over 8 locations across the country. Agile is one of the largest Latina owned distributors in the country in the utility and telecom industry with over $1B in transactions processed since Agile’s inception. Agile, like its name, is nimble like a start-up but professional and structured like the Fortune 100 companies Agile serves. Agile is looking for candidates who have experience working in a fast paced, creative and dynamic environments with complex industries.The right candidate should be committed to growing professionally and personally. The right candidate will see an opportunity to wear many hats, create processes and implement tools and technology that will further advance Agile in our journey for success. Agile has a proven history of promoting and developing everyone that comes through our doors and has a corporate goal of 100% employee development. Agile also strongly believes in work life balance with flexible work arrangements and with giving back to our communities with contributions to over 30 charitable organizations in the last year. In terms of what Agile does, Agile solves complex supply chain challenges for very large companies that are not able to solve those problems as quickly as Agile can. Additionally, Agile is a procurement and invoicing powerhouse in our industry that manages millions of dollars for complex projects, programs and contracts. Agile’s specific services range from warehousing, to professional staffing, to invoice management, to consulting.