Currently looking for Level I through Level III Voice and Data Technicians with commercial experience in Dallas, Fort Worth and surrounding areas. The ideal candidate will have at least 6 months work experience in commercial structured cabling, must have experience with installing j-hooks, ladder racks and cable tray and possess the ability to terminate workstation outlets.
Responsibilities of the Voice & Data Technicians
· Label, pull and terminate cat 5e, cat 6, cat 6a cable
· Load and install workstations, laptops and peripherals
· Install data equipment including data racks, patch panels, cable trays, etc.
· Test all installed cable using appropriate testing equipment
· Document all information on all cable and equipment
· Installation of voice lines to various types of phone equipment
· Maintain a professional appearance and represent employer in a manner that reflects positively on the image and reputation of the company for which he works.
Requirements of the Voice & Data Technicians
· At least 6 months of work experience in commercial structured cabling and have the have knowledge of labeling, pulling and dressing category 3, category 5e, category 6 and fiber optic
· They must have experience with installing j-hooks, ladder racks and cable tray.
· The ability to terminate workstation outlets and familiarity with voice and data jacks such as Leviton, Ortronics, Panduit and Systimax is necessary.
· Must have experience working in MDF / IDF environments.
· 25 pair termination of 110 and 66 blocks is preferred.
· An ability to read blueprints and work independently when needed is required along with experience using a 4 pair tester and Fluke.
· Fiber termination and patch panel experience is a plus.
· Basic understanding of the BICSI Industry Standards, and proven experience of running a crew of 3 or more.
Qualified Voice & Data Technician must:
* Pass a background check and drug screen
* Possess a reliable vehicle and have a valid driver's license
* Submit professional references to verify work history
* Have basic hand tools
Pay will be based upon experience. Typical range is from $15.00-$20.00 an hour.
If qualified, submit resume for immediate consideration.
If you would like to speak to a recruiter, please .
We will pay you for referrals, if you know of anyone that is looking for voice and data cabling work!Company Description
Tekk Force LLC began as a local, Texas-based staffing company and has grown into a nationwide staffing service provider with an extensive database of candidates spanning the U.S. We specialize in staffing for the Alarm, Audio Visual, Electrical, Engineering, Information Technology, and Telecommunications fields, among other industries.