The Shift Supervisor is a critical member of the operations team. You would be responsible for the overall shift operation of the restaurant. Key responsibility areas include team performance, increased sales and profitability, effective cost controls, training and development, and retention of employees. The Shift Supervisor is responsible for working actively to ensure the restaurant meets financial and operating goals.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Promotes company mission, vision and values.
· Runs and manages shifts effectively with a focus on his/her assigned area of responsibility.
· Ensures customer satisfaction and knowledge of customer recovery strategies
· Effectively leads, develops and motivates the team
· Delivers a quality product and experience based on brand standards and operating procedures
· Conducts effective pre-shift meetings during every shift
· Enforces company human resources policies in all aspects of the manager and teammate experience
· Enforces all food safety policies and procedures to ensure compliance with the laws, codes, and guidelines set forth by the FDA and Health Department
· Strong leadership skills to train, coach, develop and motivate others.
· Able to make critical decisions
· Excellent communication skills including writing, speaking, and public speaking
· Exceptional organizational and operational skills.
· Excellent interpersonal skills, including tact and professionalism in dealing with staff, customers and management.
· Financial skills, including calculating food and labor costs and knowledge of cost-controlling measures.
· Ability to speak clearly and listen attentively to employees and guests.
· Ability to read and write to facilitate communication
· Ability to stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to four hours in length
· Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds in weight
· The workplace may frequently expose the team member to heat/cold and odors.
Education and Experience
· Must be at least 21 years of age.
· Extensive background, 5+ years, in high volume full-service restaurant food operations
· Valid ServSafe certification.
· Detailed knowledge of county, state, and federal health codes.
· Knowledge of basic employment laws and regulations.
· Some knowledge of the Spanish language is a plus.
· Minimum high school education, college degree is preferred.
Verbal and Reasoning Requirements
Must be able to speak clearly and listen attentively to co-workers and managers. Must be able to engage in two-way conversation with the customer on the floor. Must have the ability to read and/or follow verbal instructions and implement the same. Must be capable of applying common sense and understanding to carry out oral and/or written instructions. Must understand and adhere to service standards.
I have reviewed this job description and am able to perform the essential functions of the job under the described conditions with or without reasonable accommodation.