We are seeking experienced Business Development Associates to look for new opportunities with potential customers that support Dedicated Transportation’s overall growth strategy. These individuals will manage all stages of the sales cycle to include targeting, prospecting and presenting compelling business propositions.
In this key position, you will work closely with sales and management to achieve established sales goals and implement business development initiatives that maximize and grow the DTS footprint and generate bottom line margin for the company. This position reports directly to the President of the company.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Makes fact-based decisions and follows through to completion, analyzes and uses data to achieve sales goals, drives execution, initiates action and follow-ups to successful completion, effectively demonstrates how solutions will solve prospects or client’s problem(s), continuously conducts post call debriefs and performs pre-call strategies.
- Prospect for leads to build a pipeline, including cold calling
- Using business development skills to identify, qualify, and develop relationships with prospective clients
- Identify opportunities with our existing customer base to present additional services we offer
- Promote “SAS” – Software As a Service tools.
- Locates or proposes potential business deals by contacting potential clients; discovering and exploring opportunities.
- Closes new business deals by coordinating requirements; developing and negotiating contracts; integrating contract requirements with business operations.
Here’s what you’ll need to be considered:
- Preferred - College degree or equivalent related working experience.
- Required – 2-5 years’ experience in sales/business development.
- Preferred – 5 or more years’ experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Driven by competitive, winning spirit to succeed in personal and professional growth
- Excellent verbal, non-verbal and written communication skills
- Having great listening skills to navigate through tough conversations and being able to propose “win/win” solutions
- Proven self-starter with high confidence and energy level
- Commitment to travel as needed
Here’s additional information you need to know:
- Travel is required.
- Position(s) may be based out of: Charlotte, NC OR Atlanta, GA OR Central FL OR Dallas or Houston, TX
Base Salary: $50,000.00 to $75,000.00 /year PLUS Commission (Dependent on experience & geographical territory.) $100,000/year gross can be expected.
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Disability insurance
- Accident Plan
- Life insurance
- Retirement plan with company match
- Paid holidays
- Paid time off