- You must enlist in the United States Army to obtain this position.
- You must be between the ages of 17-34.
- You must have a GED or High School Diploma.
- You must be a U.S. Citizen or Green Cardholder.
- Must meet Army Height and weight standards
The patient administration specialist is primarily responsible for supervising and performing administrative duties in the patient administration division of an Army hospital or other medical facilities.
- Compile data and prepare required statistical reports
- Initiate correspondence pertaining to medical records, medical board proceedings, line of duty investigations; and other records and reports pertaining to patient administration
- Apply knowledge of medical terminology as it applies to anatomy and physiology
- Maintain a medical record tracking system within the medical treatment facility
Job training for a patient administration specialist requires 10 weeks of Basic Combat Training and seven weeks of Advanced Individual Training, including practice in various office functions.
Some of the skills you’ll learn are:
- English grammar, spelling and punctuation
- Typing and clerical skills
- Setting up and maintaining filing and publication systems
- Preparing forms and correspondence in military style
- Ability to keep organized and accurate records
- Interest in English, mathematics, business administration and typing
- Preference for office work
About Army Recruiting Ohio:
Army Recruiting Ohio is a small team. Our job is to search for potential candidates all over Ohio, Kentucky, and parts of West Virginia. We employ for the greatest team for the greatest country on God's green earth.Follow us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter @ Army Recruiting Ohio