JOB TITLE: MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN
REPORTS TO: OPERATIONS MANAGER
Responsible to perform a variety of plant and equipment maintenance work including electrical, hydraulic, carpentry, painting, welding, masonry, pipe fitting, and fabrication.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Makes repairs to buildings, machinery and equipment.
· Makes repairs to remelt furnace such as patching and relining.
· Repair or replace electrical equipment according to wiring diagrams or blueprints.
· Moves and installs new and used equipment.
· Fabricates structures out of sheet metal.
· Analyzes difficulties and diagnoses repairs needed.
· Repairs dies while still set in the casting machine
· Uses electrical test devices such as voltmeters and circuit testers.
· Prepares daily paper work associated with the maintenance department operation such as description of repairs and time spent.
· Places orders with suppliers for parts, sprays, oils, gases, etc.
· Other duties as requested by the manager.
Plant conditions include exposure to high heat, dirt, fumes, noise and chemicals. This job requires walking regularly, bending, kneeling, standing for extended periods of time and the ability to lift up to 80 pounds.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
The company is willing to train Mechanically inclined individual with basic skills.
· High school diploma or equivalent is required.
· Good mechanical skills.
· Ability to use various hand tools.Company Description
ResourceMFG is the Leading Manufacturing Staffing Workforce Firm in the Country. We place temporary and direct hire employees within the total spectrum of manufacturing jobs, including production, quality, maintenance, supervision and all levels of management.