Job Description & How to Apply Below
Member and partner of the household care delivery team. Demonstrate a strong commitment to the philosophy and goals of the mission of Hebrew SeniorLife and recognize resident/patient dignity and choice in aspects of daily life. Work with team to meet all needs of the resident and the household by actively participating in activities, work and the social environment of the household. Strive to make every encounter with a resident/patient into a positive and meaningful experience and opportunity, while providing safe and efficient quality of care.
Transports NBOC Members and Residents. Scheduling for this position will be determined on an on-going basis and communicated weekly, monthly schedules will be prepared for planning purposes.
- Must wear seat belt when driving.
- Maintain professional appearance at all times
- Comply with all safety rules and regulations
- Comply with Position Responsibilities
- Keep NBOC transportation vehicle in a clean and tidy condition
- Must maintain a Class II license
- Familiar with the Boston, Massachusetts geography.
- Practice acts of hospitality and kindness, actively greet and help people both on and off the bus.
- Ability to assist residents with wheelchairs and walkers on and off transportation vehicles.
- Work from written requisitions or verbal instructions
- Prioritize urgency of work requests
- Follow standard and prescribed safety regulations
- Assist with all other duties as assigned by Supervisor and or Security Manager/ Corporate Security Director
- Reports any equipment found to be unsafe or broken immediately to supervisor
- Puts Customer Service first: Ensures that residents and families receive the highest quality of service in a safe, caring and compassionate atmosphere which recognizes the individuals’ needs and rights
- Maintain the confidentiality and security of all facility and patient related information (HIPPA)
- Subject to being called in for emergencies
- Arrive 15 minutes before scheduled trip to warm up or cool off the bus.
- In the winter, plan to arrive earlier if there has been a snowstorm in order to clean off the bus.
- Record on daily sheet starting and ending mileage, starting and ending times and your initials.
- Have all required inspections performed on a yearly basis.
- Cover all trips - in the event you cannot cover a shift, please call the Security Manager
- Report any problems or repairs that need to be attended to the Manager of Security.
- Use of phone only when necessary; no personal calls allowed on bus phone.
- Store gas receipts in monthly envelope provided.
- Turn gas envelope in to Security Manager at the end of each month.
- Completes special projects as assigned.
- Schedule all vehicle maintenance and inspections.
- Responsible for vehicle fleet cleanliness.
- Responsible for all transportation scheduling.
Hebrew SeniorLife is an equal employment opportunity employer. All employment decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and competence and not influenced or affected by race, color, religion, age, gender, national origin, ancestry, marital status, military status, veterans status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristics protected by federal, state, or local law.
Search for further Jobs Here: