The Behavioral Health Technician is responsible for the providing service and clinical support to clients.
• Assist with admission and discharge process, including completion of related documentation (orientation, contraband, and clients’ personal belongings)
• Transports and supervises clients to and from groups and activities
• Sets appointments for clients with outside referral sources; arrange transportation
• Administer urinalysis drug screenings according to company policies and procedures.
• Supervises clients with emphasis on safety and well-being, reminding clients of program rules and reporting infractions appropriately.
• Understands the need for appropriate client/staff boundaries and maintains a strict therapeutic relationship during active treatment. Discontinues communication with clients upon discharge and inform supervisor of client contact after discharge.
• Run errands as assigned making efficient use of time and conscientiously completing all tasks.
• Provides empathic, supportive approach to all client interactions by acting as a sounding board for the individual. Confrontation is not used; employs de-escalation techniques.
• Maintains cleanliness, assist clients to develop appropriate cleaning skills by role modeling (room checks)
• Supports company mission by completing related results as needed.
• Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities and completing all required initial and annual Continuing Education Units.
• Adhere to all company policies and safety rules, guidelines & procedures.
• Knowledge of Client rights and treats all clients with dignity and respect in a consistent manner; adheres to federal confidentiality standards (HIPAA)
• Operate a fax/copy machine and telephone
• Operate a passenger van
• Knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within the field
• Must be reliable and consistent with attendance and punctuality to work
• Valid Driver’s License and a clean driving record
- Experience a plus
We are a drug-free workplace
We are an equal opportunity employer