This position is responsible for monitoring the operation of, maintenance and support of the enterprise technical systems including, but not limited to network equipment, servers, document and data storage, operating systems, IT management systems, communication, and data backup and recovery systems. Acts independently to proactively monitor, identify and troubleshoot complex problems to avoid costly business systems service outages. Oversees development, maintenance, testing, and documentation of IT operations and maintenance procedures. Assists with and/or leads assigned product and services implementation and upgrade projects.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitor and maintain the readiness of networking, server, storage, firewall, security, high-availability, and backup and recovery systems
- Monitor and maintain the security, confidentiality and integrity of document and data storage systems
- Monitor the readiness, remediate issues with and conduct periodic testing of the companys Business Systems Continuity Management and Disaster Recovery Plan
- Monitor and remediate issues with the compliance of patching services
- Assist with planning and implementation of new or upgrade product and services projects as assigned
- Identify and resolve hardware and software problems
- Evaluate technology products and services as assigned
- Provide on-call / after-hours support; Work remotely as required; On-demand travel is required
- Maintain and enhance IT documentation library, record activities
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Maintain the highest standards of conduct and integrity in all dealings with or on behalf of the company at all levels inside and outside the organization
- Must have a strong ability to organize and feel comfortable with a large, diverse and changing set of support and project related assignments, with a resolute determination to assess and resolve familiar or unfamiliar problems
- Ability to re-prioritize assignments as needed, and at times without advance notice
- Ability to interact well with all levels of personnel and management, be a team player and perform challenging tasks well under pressure
- Maintain and build effective working relationships with technology vendors
- Must be well versed in Microsoft technology and have the desire to learn more about the rapidly expanding Microsoft technology ecosystem, including but not limited to Microsoft Office 365, Azure, Windows 10, Windows Server, System Center and Hyper-V
Experience and Education:
- 2-5 years of experience in:
- Server administration and technical support; Dell PowerEdge server experience a plus
- Workstation, laptop and Windows 10 operating system deployment support; Microsoft Surface experience a plus
- Administering and supporting multi-site Active Directory 2016 and above, DNS, and DHCP
- Administering and supporting Microsoft Exchange Online/Office 365
- Backup technologies; Microsoft System Center Data Protection Manager a plus
- Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM), including but not limited to patch management, software distribution, and hardware/software inventory
- VOIP/telephony systems; Microsoft Lync, Skype for Business and Teams a plus
- Administering Microsoft SQL Server installations, access, operations and maintenance
- PowerShell scripting to automate common Microsoft technologies tasks
- Firewall technologies; Check Point Next Generation Firewall a plus
- A degree or certificate in Information Technology or a related field, additional industry and software certifications are a plus
Must be able to accomplish physical requirements with or without reasonable accommodations.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand and walk. Vision abilities required by the job include close vision and distance vision.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
On demand travel (locally and out of state) is required for this position. Work is generally performed at the Corporate office and the work environment is often quiet. When working out at a power plant or datacenter, the work environment and noise levels could change due to weather and working conditions at that time.
Southwest Generation is an equal employment opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant based on race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information or any classification protected by Federal, State or local law. We are an Affirmative Action Employer, Veterans, Disabled. It is our intention that all qualified applicants are given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.