Great opportunity to take ownership over your own group of BH Management properties!
The Staff Accountant is responsible for analyzing financial and operating data, conducting account reconciliations and ensuring the accuracy of the general ledger for a portfolio of multifamily rental properties.
Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for portfolio of multifamily rent properties; analyzing general ledger activity to ensure revenue and expense are correctly recognized and prepared in agreement with the client requirements and the applicable accounting principles.
- Applies independent judgement in preparation of monthly financial statements for the assigned portfolio to ensure an accurate representation of the company’s financial position; including but not limited to closing entities books on a monthly basis, preparing journal entries, balance sheet and income statement analysis and reconciliation.
- Manages cash position of portfolio; calculating distributions per client requirements, committing cash to approved payables and communicating any cash deficits for funding.
- Manages capital escrows, verifying repairs are completed on a timely basis, and submitted per terms of loan agreements.
- Completes bank reconciliations on a monthly basis and assists in the detection/correction of adjustments in a timely manner.
- Completes special projects as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Knowledge of standard accounting practices and procedures
- Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Office application skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced, deadline driven environment
- Strong understanding and working knowledge of the company's policies and procedures
- Ability to work with a diverse group of people and customers
- Bachelor's or 2-year degree in Accounting or Finance preferred
Work Schedule: 8am-5pm, Monday-Friday, or as needed to meet business needs.
Physical Requirements/Environment: The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
This job generally operates in a professional office environment, but may also occasionally operate in an outdoor environment. While performing the duties of this job, employees must be able to remain in a stationary position for long periods of time, occasionally move about the office, constantly operate a computer and other office equipment, communicate regularly and effectively with others, both written and verbally, and may occasionally lift up to 30 pounds.
This position requires close visual acuity to perform an activity such as preparing and analyzing data and figures, viewing a computer terminal, and extensive reading.
The ability and means to travel locally, overnight, in specific regions or states via automobile and airplane may be required.
At BH our employees and their well-being are important to us. This is why we offer a comprehensive and valued benefits package to fit the individual needs of each employee and their family. Some of the benefits we offer include:
Your Health Plans :
- Flexible Spending Accounts
Your Money Management:
- 401(K) Retirement Savings Plan with Company match
- Direct Deposit
Your Work Life Balance:
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holiday
- Competitive compensation and earnings potential
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Training/mentoring programs
- Internal opportunities for career advancements
- Educational Reimbursement
Equal Opportunity Employer. Drug Free workplace. Employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of a background check and drug screen.Company Description
BH Management’s roots date back to 1993 when Harry Bookey formed the company with a roster of just five apartment communities. Today, our founder continues to lead the firm, serving as inspiration for its 2,100-plus employees. With revenues now surpassing $500 million annually, BH Companies has come a long way in a short time. What may be less obvious, however, is how we got here. Our guiding principles are simple and direct. First, invest in employees—they are the front line of our team and the foundation of our success. Second, go above and beyond to satisfy customers.
If we do our job well, renters become long-term residents, directly impacting profitability. As a result, we are ever vigilant about the interests of partners and clients, carefully balancing dollars invested against anticipated return. By adhering to these guidelines, BH Companies has enjoyed continuous growth and outstanding performance for well over a decade.
Our mission continues: We’re all about creating value.