Machine Operator, Des Plaines IL
Shifts available, 1st, 2nd,3rd
Reporting to the Production Supervisor, this position is responsible for the quality output on a limited number of packaging machines, making machine adjustments as necessary.
· Attends machine, adjust heat, pressure or packaging material alignment to produce acceptable packages.
· Adjust cut to assure seals are within specifications.
· Adjust feed system to assure proper package weights.
· Calls for production materials.
· Visually inspects and packs packages in cartons.
· Places and feeds rolls of packaging material weighing up to 100 pounds onto machine.
· Re-works packages items visually checking for defects and re-claim product from defective packages.
· Performs visual quality control on packaged items.
· Performs manual quality control check such as leak test.
· Assist packers and may perform any or all duties of a packer.
· May direct the work of packers and may perform any or all duties of a packer.
· Records information such as weight data, roll numbers, and downtime.
· Visually verifies and is responsible for recording production data.
· Computes and manipulates raw data to report data.
· Reports any unsafe condition or acts to the supervisor.
· Communicates information to packaging crew, supervisor, mechanic and QA Personnel.
· May make minor machine adjustments when trained to do so.
· May assist in unrelated duties such as cleaning building and grounds as well as perform such activities as painting when packaging lines are not operating. Reports food safety or food quality issues to an authority who can initiate action.
Required Competencies & Knowledge:
· Follow all current and futures safety policies, at all times.
· Wear safety glasses, hair net, ear protection and smock at all times in the production /warehouse area of the plant.
· Report all accident/incidents immediately to the proper person.
· Provide post-accident drug screen.
· Follow- up.
· Be punctual and outgoing.
· Communicate and work well with others in plant environment.
· Successfully multi-task.
· Ensure collaborative relationships with industry, trade, other associations and regulatory agencies.
· Work as a team member and assist where ever needed.
· Willing to work overtime when asked.
· Work is primarily don I production setting.
· Frequent production environment exposure which includes noise, dust, moving machinery, fork lifts, and fluctuation in temperature.
· High School Diploma or Equivalent.
· Must be able to read and write in English and perform basic math.
· Must be able to continuously stand and walk.
· Must always be aware of your surroundings.
· Occasionally operate forklift and/or powered pallet jack.
· Must be able to lift/ carry 20-60 Lbs.Company Description
Labor Solutions is a leader in the professional, temporary, and direct hire industry throughout the Midwest area. Our clients range from individual entrepreneurs to large corporations, and while we are big enough to serve Fortune 100 companies, we are small enough to stay nimble in an always-changing market.