The Manager of Financial Reporting is responsible for all areas relating to financial reporting. This position will be responsible for developing and maintaining accounting principles, practices and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial statements. This position addresses tight deadlines and a multitude of accounting activities including general ledger preparation, financial reporting, year-end audit preparation, and the development of the annual budget. The Manager of Financial Reporting will have interaction with the organization’s senior and executive management which requires strong interpersonal communication skills both written and verbal.
- Plan, organize and develop preparation of annual budget.
- Oversee end of month general ledger postings and closes.
- Account reconciliation of the general ledger accounts with the sub-ledgers.
- Fixed asset maintenance and reconciliation.
- Pledge recognition and reconciliation.
- Payroll integration with the General ledger and project module.
- Provide timely budget and financial reports.
- Grant accounting and financial report submission.
- Cost Control report submission according to grant and contract guidelines.
- Coordinate and assist program manager with the financial process flow.
- Oversee, guide and co-ordinate with external auditors for annual audits as well as various federal grant audits.
- Coordinate with development department for receivable reconciliation.
- Assist with daily issues arising in purchasing, payables, payroll, and receivable accounting process. Supervise the general ledger group to ensure all financial reporting deadlines are met.
- Implement and monitor Tier 1 and Tier 2 - indirect & administrative overhead cost allocation.
- Assist with day to day functioning of the accounting department.
- Great Plains and Financial Edge Financial Software account maintenance.
- Prepare financial statements.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Provide training to new and existing staff as needed
- Collaborates with other department managers/directors to support overall department goals and objectives
- Complete special projects and analyses as assigned.
Focus: HOPE’s Mission Statement: “Recognizing the dignity and beauty of every person, we pledge intelligent and practical action to overcome racism, poverty, and injustice. And to build a metropolitan community where all people may live in freedom, harmony, trust and affection. Black and white, yellow, brown and red from Detroit and its suburbs of every economic status, national origin and religious persuasion we join in this covenant.”
Today, the organization pursues this mission through a multigenerational and integrated approach, Focus: HOPE combats racism, poverty and injustice through a practical and holistic mix of education and empowerment offerings. Individual and system level interventions will create increased access to opportunity and resources for underserved, underrepresented individuals and communities