Divisional Assistant Controller
The successful candidate will serve as an integral member of the Divisional Finance management team, providing the necessary leadership to ensure that the organization meets its financial performance objectives while overseeing the accounting, business segment reporting, support of special projects, and compliance with the company’s accounting procedures and GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles).
- Responsible for the completeness, timeliness and accuracy of the financial statements
- Establish and maintain a well-designed and effective system of internal controls for the business unit as well as the divisional accounting functions.
- Provide US GAAP accounting and reporting guidance to the finance and accounting departments of all sites.
- Coordinate financial audits and provide recommendations for procedural improvements
- Promote a culture of high performance and continuous improvement that values learning and a commitment to quality.
- Provide regular and meaningful feedback to the Controller, the divisional President and other members of the leadership team regarding pace and progress of initiatives.
- Foster an environment of learning and development that goes beyond reporting results and variances, and helps the business understand drivers of performance
- Assist in establishing short- and long-range departmental goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures.
- Establish and monitor staff performance and development goals, assign accountabilities, set objectives, establish priorities and conduct annual performance appraisals.
- Mentor and develop staff using a supportive and collaborative approach: assign accountabilities; set objectives; establish priorities; and monitor and evaluate results.
Key Skill Sets:
- Good communicator at all levels of organization, in both written and verbal formats.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Self-sufficient, results driven and detail-oriented mindset.
- Excellent decision making and strong communication skills.
- Proven leader skills, fostering positive team work dynamic.
- Strong current knowledge of finance, accounting, and internal control principles including U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Strong management skills; ability to influence and engage direct and indirect reports and peers
- Experience with the design and implementation of integrated ERP and financial accounting systems.
- Knowledge of and experience with shared services centers for accounting and transaction processing.
- Hand-on experience in assessing and recommending of accounting treatment, preparing financial reports, and responding to audit and reporting inquiries.
- 7 years or more experience in public and/or corporate accounting with a high degree of understanding from an accounting and financial perspective
- CPA preferred
For immediate consideration, please confidentially email your resume to (Please contact us using the "Apply for this Job Posting" box below)Company Description
Sanford Rose Associates® - JFSPartners is a leading multi-practice specialty search firm in the placement of professional, technical, and executive level talent. Our corporate vision is simple but powerful; to continually enhance the success of the organizations, people, and markets in which we serve. We are recognized as a top resource for many organizations and professionals seeking information, access to top-level candidates, or career enhancing opportunities. Our professional search consultants work closely with both clients and candidates to realize successful human capital solutions and strategies.
Specialization is a key factor to our successful partnerships. Each of our specialized search practices are structured by functional specialty, industry, and geography--providing our clients and candidates with a highly informed, dedicated team of experts that understand the landscape of each of the marketplaces we serve.