Job Title: Business Development Director
Reports To: EVP Sales, Purchasing & Strategy
Position Status: Exempt
To relentlessly prove that passion and purpose are the forces that create great people, teams, and companies that will transform the world.
Detroit Manufacturing Systems (DMS) is a growing $800M automotive tier-one company with 700+ employees located in the city of Detroit. We are looking for an experienced Business Development professional to grow business in the assigned market / channels. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of developing new customer relationships, winning new business, meeting sales objectives and demonstrated alignment with the DMS GIFTED & RICH culture.
The main missions of the role:
Understand fundamental business drivers of DMS, potential customers, & competitors to develop winning proposals that deliver long term value.
Develops strategies and profitable business plans to achieve business award
Effectively executes sales calls to all potential decision makers uncovering unmet needs and concisely demonstrating the value that DMS offers.
Clearly and accurately articulate the voice of the customer to cross-functional team
Presents strategies and business plans to executive management for approval
Leadership role in supporting the Acquisition Team in developing a winning proposal and professionally presetting this to the customer.
Builds strong, respect based business relationships focusing on increasing social capital inside target customers entire organization.
Foster relationships with potential new customers (OEMs) to drive RFQ opportunities (Chrysler and GM are main targeted customers)
Maintains creditability and integrity within DMS, customers, and community
Other duties and special projects as assigned
Position reports to EVP of Sales, Purchasing and Strategy
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field
- Travel required, 80% of time will be customer interfacing outside of manufacturing plants.
- Ten years automotive experience (Senior Level)
- Verifiable Track Record of winning new business
- Existing contacts and networks with non-Ford automotive customers
- Extensive knowledge of automotive sales and program management preferred
- Strong understanding of large scale Value Add Assembly, Injection Molding, secondary processing, IATF 16949:2016 Quality System, Manufacturing Finance, Program Management, Direct/Indirect Sourcing and LeanSix Sigma methodologies.
- Mechanical aptitude, strong organizational skills, strong communicator, action oriented
- Technical acumen in order to deal with/negotiate with customer Purchasing and Cost Estimators
- Commercial / Business acumen
Gratitude * Integrity * Fun * Teamwork * Excellence * Diversity &
Respect * Innovation * Commitment * Humility
“GIFTED people & RICH culture”Company Description
We are a world-class Tier 1 interior components manufacturer.
Our work engenders pride in our diverse and talented team members
whose lives are transformed by their ability to learn new skills every day
in a welcoming environment where we use innovative technology
to deliver high-quality parts on time to our valued customers